Microsoft: Windows Store Now Open to All Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Come join the windows .. blaa blaa

.... crickets

crickets

G

You must be at the wrong windows... The Windows I joined has "funky town" playing! The party is going off!!!

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
I expect the first app to be developed/downloaded millions of times from the Windows Store is the one that returns the start menu back.

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]I wonder how quickly Apple's 650k apps are going to start looking very, very small[/citation]
Given that 99% of those 650,000 applications currently on the Appstore are pretty fake (a "call my girlfriend" button, a "make farting noise" button, collections of city guides where each city is a separate app,...), we should focus on the 500 best downloads (and you're probably right egidem, the "give me my start menu back" app will sell like hot cakes!!!).
What i see is that right now, all the major applications that realy matter are already available on IOS, Android and Windows as well (or will be very soon). What truly matters to me is the quality of the applications we use the most ...

Classic Shell, VisStart/ViOrb, Start8, with free start menu programs that are better than even MS's version in Windows 7 (Classic Shell can do much morethan just a start menu, it can even let you log in directly to the desktop and much more), why would you go to the MS store for such a program if you have Windows 8?

[citation][nom]jumping[/nom]Come join the windows .. blaa blaa................ crickets........crickets[/citation]
considering the games store went from 120 apps to 233 in just 2 days, my bet is that MS is already flooded with app applications that need to go through the validation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.