Microsoft's Windows 7 Videos Are Like Apple's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelking

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
In Episode 2, they claim that before Win7 you had to manually resize windows to put them side-by-side. Not true - it was always as easy as right-clicking on the taskbar and clicking Tile Windows Vertically.

Also, I disagree that these are like the Apple ads - that's because they really don't teach you much about how to use things. They are much more marketing focused than functionality focused.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
[citation][nom]pixelking[/nom]In Episode 2, they claim that before Win7 you had to manually resize windows to put them side-by-side. Not true - it was always as easy as right-clicking on the taskbar and clicking Tile Windows Vertically.Also, I disagree that these are like the Apple ads - that's because they really don't teach you much about how to use things. They are much more marketing focused than functionality focused.[/citation]

If anything its the exact opposite, Apple ads generally repeat the same myths about PCs always crashing and never working right... These MS ads literally walk you through step by step how things work and show you using first hand.

manjyomethunder

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]transmaniacon[/nom]If anything its the exact opposite, Apple ads generally repeat the same myths about PCs always crashing and never working right... These MS ads literally walk you through step by step how things work and show you using first hand.[/citation]

I believe the article is comparing them to the Mac tutorial videos such as "Anatomy of a Mac" and such on Apple's website.

These ads don't bash the competitor's product with bogus claims, petty differences, and flat-out lies.

These ads also discuss the merits of using this company's software, unlike a competitor which does not even talk about what makes their software so much better than Windows.

So hence, these are nothing like Apple ads.

cregan89

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
[citation][nom]doormatderek[/nom]they are all functions that were pretty much there from XP. just made EASY for the stupids... IMO[/citation]

Pretty much all of the functions they showed are brand new. Jump lists, windows snap, windows peek, parental controls, windows 7 home group could be done with an advanced network setup I guess but home group is a huge leap and not just a function of XP made "easy". A media center version of XP came out years after it was initially released I guess but still. What functions at all shown here were actually from XP?

sn4re

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]These ads don't bash the competitor's product with bogus claims, petty differences, and flat-out lies.These ads also discuss the merits of using this company's software, unlike a competitor which does not even talk about what makes their software so much better than Windows.So hence, these are nothing like Apple ads.[/citation]
He's not talking about the PC vs Mac ads
[citation][nom]manjyomethunder[/nom]I believe the article is comparing them to the Mac tutorial videos such as "Anatomy of a Mac" and such on Apple's website.[/citation]
this

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Well at least their getting better. MS has always had a horrible add department. Their commercials have always been embarasing to watch. Maybe they need to hire the FreeCreditReport.com guys to write a song for them? LOL

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I liked the DX11 presentation with ... HALO :) yeah i guess MS figured the closest to a DX11 title they had for a presentation was .. HALO? I mean wtf?!?

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]twisted politiks[/nom]didnt think that the search for a program thing was new, been doing it in vista since the beginning.[/citation]
MS: "Visa what? No, no. No visa required."

(intentional misspelling)

830hobbes

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
One of the things that Apple does best is present its technology is a simple, meaningful way in the span of a very short period of time.

It's ridiculous how every tom's article has a typo. They must not even read through the article once before posting...

bad_code

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]fuser[/nom]Microsoft has finally realized just how stupid the average user really is[/citation]

They always knew. Real knowledgeable users, like myself, HATE Microshaft for creating an even more complicated abstraction from the OS and adding layers and layers of BS to setup a network or move files etc. I don't have problems finding anything on my computer. I just want to be FAST and work well. My XP box has been running for a month with no problem but my vista box can't run more than a day without needing to reboot otherwise it will crash or hang. Its probably because of my raid but I just want a OS that works as well and Linux but plays games like Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.