Question Middle fan blade broken on my RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manoj327

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
Hi
Last night I found that the ants are coming out of my GPU and in the process of cleaning with vacuum I broke my GPU middle fan blade. I fixed it with plastic gum but it’s impossible to set the correct blade angle and I observe a minute vibration which I can feel when touching the GPU.

Their is a minute vibration when all three fans at 70 to 100% speed

I need help on this following questions:
  1. Can this minute vibration damage my PC ?
  2. If i need to replace my GPU fan, from where should i buy one (like a Trusted source)?
I am seeing a lot of fan models up to 30 series including Zotac but not 40 series fans right now, will it take some time to get those fans in to the market?

Last edited:

manoj327

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
I am curious what would happen if you reached out to the partner to see if they can sell you the proper fan or shroud? Also curious to know if you couldn't perhaps get your hands on a water block and make a small loop for the card? This could possibly get into more than other type of replacement, etc.

As a side note, you shouldn't use a vacuum on your system as it creates static discharge and can damage. Blow or brush with a static free bristle brush.
I will remember you suggestion while cleaning PC, Thank you.

Latest posts