Midweek Deals: Laptops, Monitors, HDTVs, Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]tramit[/nom]I hate how tax kills the deal for me on anything I want in this list...[/citation]

but wouldn't you have to pay tax even if it wasn't a "deal"? either way percentage tax is annoying on big purchases lol.

dhowie

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]tramit[/nom]I hate how tax kills the deal for me on anything I want in this list...[/citation]

There are many e-tailer's who do not impose tax on you. I live in Jersey and I mostly buy from Amazon and Tigerdirect. I stay away from the Tax trolls.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
No kidding.
I did my latest purchase from TigerDirect instead of my normal newegg because the taxes made neweggs "lower" price not so low.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
For real deals, you have to check sites that post them instantly, like slickdeals, because they sell out in a matter of minutes/hours for truly great deals.

These articles are ads not news. They either need to be removed or have their own section on toms. Like Hardware Canucks has their own "price compare" section. If I want deals from logicbuy, then I will go on the logicbuy site.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
just compare the specs between the apple 15 inch laptop and the Alien 15 inch laptop.

Now compare the price.

God i hate apple. the idiocy with which monkeys will STILL religiously go and buy the MORE expensive, WORSE quality product on it astounds me. maybe it's coz they ARE all stupid monkeys and there is a picture of an apple on the macbook?

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Is it me or we're seeing more and more of those "news" deals? I like to save a couple bucks, but I'm not sure I like Tom's turning into a Logic Buy subsidiary.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Good lord stop posting these damn logic buy ads as if they were news!!!! Why does Toms Hardware continue to degrade its reputation by doing crap like this??

After that unprofessional post(in response to a user post) from a logic buy representative youd think Toms wouldnt keep posting their damn ads. Ive been to the stupid site and 95% of the time their deals are sold out and the 5% that arent are scams.

This is truly sad. One step at a time Toms takes away everything that made it great. Now we can rely on Toms to provide poorly written and edited articles, advertisements for shoddy/shady websites, and plenty of annoying popup links polluting every page of the website.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
^ No one is forcing you to click this. The first day Tom's did this they asked if people would want to keep updated on good deals and many said yes. They are trying to help people save money in the current recession which is not hurting it's reputation in the least.

AGAIN - NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO CLICK THIS LINK.

4thorion

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I like seeing the deals! Just picked up the HP Elite e9210t Core 2 Quad Desktop PC for my sister for Xmas. Thanks Tom's and LogicBuy.

[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Good lord stop posting these damn logic buy ads as if they were news!!!! Why does Toms Hardware continue to degrade its reputation by doing crap like this??After that unprofessional post(in response to a user post) from a logic buy representative youd think Toms wouldnt keep posting their damn ads. Ive been to the stupid site and 95% of the time their deals are sold out and the 5% that arent are scams. This is truly sad. One step at a time Toms takes away everything that made it great. Now we can rely on Toms to provide poorly written and edited articles, advertisements for shoddy/shady websites, and plenty of annoying popup links polluting every page of the website.[/citation]
Amen
And please no one say "then don't come to toms" I'm here because I still like the site but want things like this improved. Hence I am voicing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.