[SOLVED] Migrating from LTSC to utilize Ryzen

jimbo13

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I am a diehard LTSC fan but from what I am reading it wont fully utilize my new Ryzen & 3080ti (plus I want gamepass) is Enterprise my best bet for debloating a 1903+ build?

Solution
Pro or enterprise version of windows will be plenty fine, enterprise just provides more security, virtual machine software, and IT control over more computers over a network if that's what you want - though it's overkill for a simple gaming rig and won't really provide more performance but possibly less bloatware. Though pro version itself doesn't really come with bloatware at all either, usually you find pre-installed bloatware software on pre-builts or laptops. If you're installing Windows yourself it should be fine and mostly bloatware free (a few windows apps may weasel their way in, nothing major though).
Pro or enterprise version of windows will be plenty fine, enterprise just provides more security, virtual machine software, and IT control over more computers over a network if that's what you want - though it's overkill for a simple gaming rig and won't really provide more performance but possibly less bloatware. Though pro version itself doesn't really come with bloatware at all either, usually you find pre-installed bloatware software on pre-builts or laptops. If you're installing Windows yourself it should be fine and mostly bloatware free (a few windows apps may weasel their way in, nothing major though).

Last edited:
Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I am a diehard LTSC fan but from what I am reading it wont fully utilize my new Ryzen & 3080ti (plus I want gamepass) is Enterprise my best bet for debloating a 1903+ build?
Why LTSC or Enterprise at all for personal use? Home or Pro will meet the needs of the vast majority of users, especially for gaming.

When you install using the official download from MS, there is no bloatware. You can always tweak any version afterward for improved performance.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You guys all forget that neither LTSC not Enterprise versions are "normally" available for standard users - there's no legal way one can buy these versions. So, this question lingers on the edge of forum' rules.
True, then again, there are legal ways to use those versions.

Still, it would be useful to know jimbo13's intent, including why considering using an old version like 1903.

Last edited:

jimbo13

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Well been on pro for a week, hate it. Edge keeps hijacking and my mouse has a weird stutter/choppy behavior on both my new systems and my old system which I also did a fresh pro-install on. So far other than the mouse choppiness I can live with pro but till LTSC gets a version update.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Well been on pro for a week, hate it. Edge keeps hijacking and my mouse has a weird stutter/choppy behavior on both my new systems and my old system which I also did a fresh pro-install on. So far other than the mouse choppiness I can live with pro but till LTSC gets a version update.
What do you mean by Edge hijacking? Also, the mouse issue is not specific to Win 10 Pro and likely some other issue.

What version of Win 10 Pro did you install? Did you update it?

Did you install the AMD chipset drivers? And then the Nvidia video drivers?