[SOLVED] "military grade cpu"

Nov 17, 2020
so a friend of mine we'll call tim got from his uncle, tim says that this cpu is faster than 4 nvidia titan cards and is supposedly "military grade", which is supposed to be generally slower than normal hardware. now, he put this thing into a PC and used it for bitcoin mining a while back and was able to get 28 coins from the whole thing.

im highly sceptical on the whole thing as he used the CPU for mining instead of a GPU which is the norm if you wanna get anywhere.

(note the miner has been offline for about a year now, and i know it was running in 2016 and was likely shut off in 2019 or so)

does anyone know of a CPU that can do that?

Solution
In my experience "military grade" means a Dell outfitted with Intel. Currently most of that is going to be 6th gen and newer on the desktop level. 4th gen machines were all recently decommissioned in most cases and 5th gen, what little there are, are on the way out as well.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
In my experience "military grade" means a Dell outfitted with Intel. Currently most of that is going to be 6th gen and newer on the desktop level. 4th gen machines were all recently decommissioned in most cases and 5th gen, what little there are, are on the way out as well.

Solution