[SOLVED] Millions To Shift From PC To Console Gaming By 2022, Says Research

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
Problems with the conclusions from JPR:

1. Moore's Law Slows to a Crawl. Technically, yes, we've been seeing this to some extent on the PC's side. However, while the increase in per-core speeds have slowed down quite a bit, we have seen other improvements in PC hardware that show continued performance improvement: additional cores on a CPU; virtual cores; continued increases in bus/data transfer speeds; faster RAM; faster & larger storage drives; & so forth. However, the biggest problem I have with this claim is simple: Consoles are subject to the same Moore's Law limitations. Note, for example, that the last generation or 2 of consoles have all used PC-grade components (mostly from AMD). They might...
May 11, 2019
Most hardcore gamers will have both consoles and PC. PC for the graphics and consoles for the exclusives. You got to applaud Sony on the quality of their exclusives. I gave up and bought a PS4 just for the exclusives.

Agreed. I have a ps4 as well and had two the best gaming experiences of my life on that system. Red Dead Redemption 2 and Shadow of the Colossus remake. Also sports games on it with my 250 inch home theater with 7.2 surround sound is a experience i will never forget.

D

Deleted member 14196

lol, i did that over 10 years ago and have not missed pc gaming one bit. too much driver installing and all that mumbo jumbo turned me off to pc gaming.

consoles are closed systems, and I can be assured any game i buy for my xbox will work perfectly, which they all do. plus with the new consoles, there is no reason I need to pc game, they look and perform beautifully

if you have any doubts, you should see Red Dead Redemption 2 on any good 1080p television, or 4K if you have a newer xbox one x

it is magnificent and stunning. plus, I can sit in my favorite rocker/recliner and game comfortably on a huge television.

another benefit, other than years of life saved from driver issues and installs is money is saved. consoles are cheaper dedicated gaming boxes, and the new xbox coming out is going to sport a new Ryzen 2 based hardware. They are much cheaper than 1500 gaming video cards, they always work, no fuss no muss, put game in and play. They last for years so no upgrading required.