Millions Using Xbox Live's Social Media Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
Yeah, I did use Facebook, it was kind of lame. Haven't tried Twitter since I feel that is taking social networking too far. Last.fm has never been used either.

sinless

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I stream last.fm sometimes. I'm currently trying to see if I can teach it not to suck and it's a work in progress. Haven't tried any others yet.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
What is XBOX Live? Oh, oh yeah. It's that POS console by MS.... Never owned one. Never will own one. Sounds like something that POS would be good for.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]I'd rather use my xbox360 for gaming and PC for everything else.[/citation]
I'd rather not use an xbox at all and PC for everything else

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Hilarion[/nom]What is XBOX Live? Oh, oh yeah. It's that POS console by MS.... Never owned one. Never will own one. Sounds like something that POS would be good for.[/citation]

And i bet you sleep with a Play Station console..? You sound like you need a chillpill after you go out for a walk. Even if you are walked out like a dog will be good for you.

[citation][nom]7amood[/nom]I'd rather not use an xbox at all and PC for everything else[/citation]

Well its really a matter of personal prefference. I used to be only PC user. Now I cant help but in some cases prefer to play some of the games on a console instead just not all ofc. Nothing can replace a PC but a console is purely for gaming ( for me at least cause lately and specially relating to the articles topic, things have taken a turn I dont like ). its all good annd whatever pleases anyone. I just dont get the hate of console gamer against PC users lately, pisses me off. And the opposite too. Anyhow...

Ive never used Twitter on my PC and Facebook Ive only made an account and accepted only a couple requests yet neverr really used it. So I deny to use it on a console. As of the new options, having more options from your services is always good. The fact that Sony is also copying yet another move of MS says a lot and its also sad if you ask me. Persoanlly if I was using any of those services I would use Twitter on the 360 cause I might have not used it but ive seen it and it looks more convinient and immidiate to contact and check msges over a console while a break from your game etc.

Still not for me.

this is nonsense.... the 360 is for hardcore gaming, not for "tweeting" or any other app that is not related to gaming. @ the dude above me ^^, the PS3 automatically connects to the net once online, so SONY does not have to copy MS for anything, PS3 owners have been "tweetin" and using face- book for months now. Typical 360 Fanboy comment.....

BTW i have both system's, they both have their pro-s and con's...

G

These features keep nagging at my primary issue with the 360 and Microsoft; WHY THE HELL DOES A COMPANY THAT SELLS KEYBOARDS AND MICE, DOES NOT SELL A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE FOR THEIR CONSOLE!

Whose having fun updating their status entering text using a thumbstick?
Who wouldnt rather play one of the many FPS games on the 360 with a mouse?
Who that does the above 2, would not buy a Keyboard and Mouse to use?
So who at Microsoft thinks it is a bad idea to make more money?

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Whose having fun updating their status entering text using a thumbstick?[/citation]

My greatest concern is that the example you gave will only exacerbate the dumbing down of the English language.

Just think, in ten years time "evry1 wil rite lyk dis!".

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
No, I have not tried Facebook, Last.fm or Twitter via XBL because I hate Facebook, twitter and My Space. What a bunch of crap! Crap! Crap! Crap!

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
No, my xbox is on for 5 hours a day an none of it's regular users have linked their social networking to XBOX live. Last FM seems pretty pointless if you can't use it in-game.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
What is XBOX Live? Oh, oh yeah. It's that POS console by MS.... Never owned one. Never will own one. Sounds like something that POS would be good for.

And i bet you sleep with a Play Station console..? You sound like you need a chillpill after you go out for a walk. Even if you are walked out like a dog will be good for you.

I have never and will never own any console as they cannot compare to what I can do on my PC so my comment is not strictly limited to Xbox but to ALL POS consoles.

And I am guessing that personal attacks are part of the mindset of console users. My words were not about console users but about POS consoles.

Cosmo8U

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Maybe I just don't get it but what is the purpose? Tweets? Facebook, It's all about me, me, me. Look at me! Look what I am doing! Who gives a crap! Must be a girl thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.