Question mind boggling artifacting effect on text and images

Aug 3, 2021
hello, i've been having this really weird effect showing on my displays for at least a full year and i have no idea what could be causing it,
so far i've tried the following to solve it:

first of all buying a brand new monitor, the first monitor i've had didn't show this effect up until 2 or 3 months later,
the one i bought later showed the effect right away but just a little less noticable,
both monitors are leds with 4ms, 72hz and 75hz respectively, changing response time doesn't fix anything.
  1. changing power supplies, 550W to 600W, both work perfectly fine and the problem still persists.
  2. switching gpus, again, no luck, having the drivers installed or not isn't the issue, the effect still shows up regardless.
  3. testing the ram with memtest, 0 errors, and the effect still shows regardless of having xmp on or off (2133mhz stock, 2933mhz on xmp 1.35v).
  4. buying a brand new motherboard, no luck.
  5. switching power strips, not the problem.
  6. trying other hdmi cables and power cords, problem still persists.
  7. clean reinstall of windows 10.
the are my full specs:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
Ryzen 2600 (stock, no overclock)
Trident Z RGB 8x2gb (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)
rx 580 8gb nitro+
tx550m power supply
Kingston 240gb A400 SSD 2.5"
Seagate Barracuga 2tb compute (ST2000DM006-2DM164)

it's also not caused by thermal throttling, at this point i'm running out of patience and options,
the only thing that seemed to solve it was turning on the eco saving mode on my previous monitor or straight up just using a tv.

i'll gladly repond to any questions you may have.

heres a few videos showing the issue:
View: https://youtu.be/aPB23aS8yfg

View: https://youtu.be/fT0I9_OxoR4

View: https://youtu.be/f5jIbV_5oo8

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'm finding it hard to see what you're talking about since the issue, IMHO, seems like the refresh rate of your camera is conflicting with the refresh rate of the monitor, hence the weird lines. That being said, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? You're on ram that are above DDR4-23133MHz, so that's an overclock on your rams...which is contradictory to you saying you're not on an overclock.

Also, how old is the Corsair TX 550 PSU in that build? If I were you, I'd have chosen a 650W TX unit to have as headroom. Can you elaborate on what you mean by switching GPU's? What version of Windows 10 are you on? When you state a clean install of the OS, did you fabricate the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Have you sued DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot into Safe Mode then manually reinstalling them with the latest version from AMD's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator>

Aug 3, 2021
thanks for the response

what you see in the video is what you would see exactly in person, it's not the camera's fault, here's a picture pointing out where the glitching is the most visible: View: https://imgur.com/a/oReDsaQ

i'm on the latest bios for my motherboard (F61)

yes, my ram is overclocked at the moment, all i was trying to say is that the artifacting still shows even if the ram isn't on xmp, i'm just ruling out that the ram overclock is the issue.

the power supply is i'd say no more than 2 years old, it's rated 80+ gold and has always done me good.

by switching gpus i meant i replaced my rx 580 with an hd7870 and also a gtx 1060 to check if the gpu was the problem but it isn't.

windows version is 21h1 (build SO 19043.1110)

yes, i used Creation Tools to clean install windows 10 through a bootable usb drive.

i have not tried DDU but i will after writing this, i will be posting results as soon as possible

Aug 3, 2021
Have you sued DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot into Safe Mode then manually reinstalling them with the latest version from AMD's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator>

i have not tried DDU but i will after writing this, i will be posting results as soon as possible

alright, i've done as described, reinstalled the drivers and restarted but the glitching still persists... i'm starting to think i've gotten unlucky and bought another faulty monitor, if i may ask, have you ever seen or experienced an issue like this?