Question Minecraft lag spikes and low fps on a 2080

IshanNaik

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
I am using an Alienware area51m Laptop and Minecraft the latest update keeps having spikes every 30-60seconds I've allocated 20Gigs of ram to Minecraft and whenever I join the hypixel server or single player the fps doesn't even go over 120 sometimes on an i9-9900k and 2080

You dont need to allocate 20gigs of ram on minecraft, 4gigs is enough. If you do mods and use shaders, while its on a laptop it does drop the performance espescially on battery. Also try to decrease chunk so you wont get fps lag. or the last option, uninstall driver with DDU and install the driver again.

IshanNaik

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
You dont need to allocate 20gigs of ram on minecraft, 4gigs is enough. If you do mods and use shaders, while its on a laptop it does drop the performance espescially on battery. Also try to decrease chunk so you wont get fps lag. or the last option, uninstall driver with DDU and install the driver again.
It's a laptop with desktop parts, and as I said it's the latest Minecraft vanilla update and what is DDU?

IshanNaik

Reputable
Sep 19, 2016
Display Driver Uninstaller, that uninstall your driver to the root so you could install a fresh driver.
Like I said this laptop is like 5000$ and I don't believe it cannot run Vanilla Minecraft at least 144fps on ultimate performance mode all other games work so I believe it's some problem with the settings