Minecraft-Like Shooter Now in Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Initial impression is "bleh." But maybe if I tried the beta, I'd change my mind. Personally, I'd prefer a good shooter. Not a meh shooter combined with inane arduous world-creation and destruction.

G

This looks like shit. If you want a sandbox-FPS hybrid game, try Brick Force. It also looks blocky but at least it looks smooth enough and doesn't have a lot of jaggy crap. And no it is NOT a Minecraft clone. Minecraft is a survival MMO played on a very large map. The only "Minecraft copy" you will find on Brick Force is the Map Editor feature which allows you to make fun maps to play in ala minecraft style(ish). The only thing the two games have in common is that everything is made of blocks. Link to the website is down below:

http://www.brick-force.com/en

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]Rasterize[/nom]This looks like shit. If you want a sandbox-FPS hybrid game, try Brick Force. It also looks blocky but at least it looks smooth enough and doesn't have a lot of jaggy crap. And no it is NOT a Minecraft clone. Minecraft is a survival MMO played on a very large map. The only "Minecraft copy" you will find on Brick Force is the Map Editor feature which allows you to make fun maps to play in ala minecraft style(ish). The only thing the two games have in common is that everything is made of blocks. Link to the website is down below:http://www.brick-force.com/en[/citation]
It's an early version that the company made to gauge interest in the concept. It's not a final product by any means.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i have read the kick starter page because i was VERY interested in this.

i don't like mine craft, i find it boring with no real game at all, and crappy combat.
this however reminds me of old fps games, in style. i can look past "bad graphics"

after reading the kick starter page though... it looks like they are completely locking this game down, no mods, no player made anything, no insanely large free for all or team maps...

i just wanted a 128 player 4 way capture the flag, where you are in a 8 square mile area, people trying to build up their defenses, and trying to steal at the same time.

or someone creating an interesting sci fi mod...

if this game is locked, i hope the whole thing blows up in their faces.
if the game is unlocked i wish them the best of luck.

G

I remember playing this. It was 1992 and it was called Wolf 3d lol.

johnsmithhatesVLC

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Why are there so many downvotes for comments against this minecraft graphic and openworld style ripoffs? It is a terrible fad and Minecraft already has enough building capabilities as it is and gameplay with mods.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
AWESOME!! Me and my friends talked about this a long time ago. Gonna be fun. Hopefully you can still build stuff like in the regular minecraft? Build forts and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.