Question Minecraft may be holding my PC hostage.

deputycarl1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
So long story short Minecraft is holding me hostage. When playing Minecraft my PC never crashes. Mind you that i only play heavy modpacks. Now other than the fact i'd be playing other games right now if i could, but since i can only play Minecraft it's what I've been playing for the past 2 months. When trying to play any other game i may get a good 10 minutes out of any game until it crashes. When my pc crashes any audio either completely gets cut or it becomes choppy and both my first and second monitor go different colors. This has happened between 2 different pc's with a different set of components. The only components that made it to this new pc is my gpu and 2 harddrives. I've tried the following to fix this issue
-Changing BIOS settings for GPU -DDU clean wipe and reinstall (Display Driver Uninstaller) -Ran through other settings for each specific game to see if that changes anything -Made sure all power cables are plugged in correctly and securely -Checked gpu-z to make sure thermals are in a decent spot usually chills out at 80 C.
This has been happening on this pc and the last pc the gpu and 2 harddrives were in as well. I can't currently go out and buy a new gpu atm due to ya know adulting and bills, so if there's any other tricks/troubleshooting steps i could do let me know I'd greatly appreciate it
Please help i don't know how much more minecraft i can play.

deputycarl1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
PSU - EVGA 650W B3
GPU - GTX 670
RAM - 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz
Mobo - B450-F Gaming Motherboard

Those are the system specs. I mean I've had my GPU since 2012 so its' been a solid 7 years with it, however it's just weird where i can play certain games and not others. Then i used to be able to play like lets say Smite,R6 Siege,Overwatch,WoW literally 2-3 weeks ago and now i can't go without 10 minutes before my PC just crashes.

deputycarl1

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
So update along with this whole thing apparently it's a thermal shutdown issue now. My graphics card reached 230 degree Fahrenheit a few days ago. My new gpu is arriving today so we'll see if it was just a gpu issue or a computer issue. I'm assuming gpu since that's the only component that transferred between my 2 PC's and it started happening on this one like it was the last pc.