[SOLVED] Minecraft performance/render distance

xdaveyy

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
I really enjoy having a high render distance for the amazing views you can get in Minecraft. I am currently running Optifine, Sildur's Vibrant Shaders Extreme and Soartex Fanver Texture Pack. Id really like to figure out a way to increase my performance while maintaining the graphics I've been tweaking to perfection. Ive been spending a lot of time in general tweaking performance for Minecraft but render distance seems to be the biggest killer. I have a powerful PC so im surprised render distance kills performance so badly (with the shaders at least). Im running a 6 core i7 5820k overclocked @ 4.5ghz, 32gb RAM with 10gb dedicated to Minecraft, RTX 2080ti, and Samsung 960 evo m.2 ssd. At 1080p, with render distance of 20 I get between 65 and 90 fps. Going up to just 25 render distance will drop fps down to the 50s. At 64 render distance I get around 15fps. For reference, with the texture pack on, but shaders turned off, I get around 150fps at 4k resolution with 64 render distance. What is it about the shader that even a strong pc cant handle?

Solution
Well, if you used SEUS your performance would be much improved. I'm running SEUS renewed at 50 FPS and have render distance set to 64, with a Ryzen 5 3600x and a Radeon 5700 xt. What I'm seeing is that my performance seems to be bottlenecked by the CPU, as my 5700 xt seems to barely lift a finger. Maybe getting a 9900k would have been a better investment for this than a 2080ti also.
Oct 17, 2019
Well, if you used SEUS your performance would be much improved. I'm running SEUS renewed at 50 FPS and have render distance set to 64, with a Ryzen 5 3600x and a Radeon 5700 xt. What I'm seeing is that my performance seems to be bottlenecked by the CPU, as my 5700 xt seems to barely lift a finger. Maybe getting a 9900k would have been a better investment for this than a 2080ti also.

Solution