[SOLVED] Minecraft started running like garbage. I need help troubleshooting.

Sep 12, 2020
So recently I upgraded from an rtx 2060 to an rtx 2080...(Before they announced 30 series) and when I upgraded and tried Minecraft on the 2080 I could only get to 100 fps compared to the over 400 with the 2060. Its the same story with my shaders on optifine.

Solution
Double check that the correct drivers are installed and properly configured.

Manually download the driver's via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Observe system performance via Resource Monitor or Task Manager. Use both but only one at a time.

Determine what system resources are being used, to what extent, and what is using the resource.

If you still have the RTX 2060 consider reinstalling it and observing performance. Some change in Resource allocation between the RTX 2060 and the RTX 2080 could provide a clue.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check that the correct drivers are installed and properly configured.

Manually download the driver's via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Observe system performance via Resource Monitor or Task Manager. Use both but only one at a time.

Determine what system resources are being used, to what extent, and what is using the resource.

If you still have the RTX 2060 consider reinstalling it and observing performance. Some change in Resource allocation between the RTX 2060 and the RTX 2080 could provide a clue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS