Question Minecraft unplayable - not using 100% GPU

Jul 22, 2021
I have a serious issue with Minecraft, its unplayable.

My PC specs:

Storage/Drive - SAMSUNG SSD 980 NVMe M.2 1TB
MainBoard - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero Gaming 1151 ATX Z390
Power Supply - BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 850 Watt ATX Platinum
OS - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit 21H1
CPU - INTEL Core i7 8700k
GPU - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB
Ram/Memory - 2x16GB DDR4 3200MHz
Display/Monitor - 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync

Minecraft graphic settings are all on max.
I have optifine installed for minecraft 1.16.5.
Im using a shaderpack called SEUS renewed 2020.
In the minecraft launcher i choose to use javaw.exe instead of the pre-installed java.
In the nvidia controlpanel all graphic settings are on max.

I played minecraft on windows 1909 with those exact settings written above,
i always had 70 up to 140 fps with optifine and with the seus shader.
Now i clean installed windows 21H1, again i am using the exact same settings as written above
but minecraft performance is horrible.
I have 30 up to 70 fps.

I have tryed reinstalling minecraft and java and my gpu driver many times also with different versions,
result is the same: minecraft performance is unplayable.

Normally when playing minecraft my GPU was always running at its temp limit 84 C.
Now its chilling at 50 C up to 70 C, the GPU load is ONLY going from 40% up to 70%.
So basically minecraft does not correctly use my GPU, its not using its full potential.
I play various different games, minecraft is the only game where my GPU is not being used correctly.

After many many hours trying to fix this by myself, i now have no clue what to do anymore.

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Following that provided you have the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site and saved on your desktop, use DDU to uninstall your GPU driers, then reboot into Safe Mode and manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jul 22, 2021
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Following that provided you have the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site and saved on your desktop, use DDU to uninstall your GPU driers, then reboot into Safe Mode and manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Why did you mention the bios version? How does this matter here?
I think i am on the latest stable version, i wont update to a beta version.

Also like i already said, i tryed multiple times reinstalling graphics driver, even different version. not making any difference.

ofc i used ddu for that

Jul 22, 2021
update

now im on the latest bios version
+ on the latest STABLE nvidia driver - 466.27

no difference.
Game runs at 30 - 50 fps mostly.
GPU load only going from 30 - 60%

In fact my CPU is at 72 C while GPU chilling at 56 C.

Something is not going right here..

Jul 22, 2021
Clean install Minecraft with no mods and see if there's still an issue when it's completely stock.

Exactly what i did, the problem is not the shader and not optifine, its minecraft itself or java or windows whatever !!

The basic minecraft stock version has the same performance issues !

And again, i can play any game without problems, its only minecraft that is horrible.