[SOLVED] Miners- core/mem oc

Feb 25, 2021
I was wondering if while mining, lowering core clock allows you to increase vram ? I had my core clock around 1300 750mv and 1830 memory, I tried for days to get it to run stable with anything over 1830 on memory with 0 luck... I cranked the core down to 1220 and now my vram sits at 1832 with no crash, haven’t tested any further yet but nothing else has worked in raising vram and figured I lost the memory lotto. I’m kind of a newb so forgive my ignorance to all you experts out there.
might add increased fans by 10% but not because of any heat issues it’s around 52 on junction... only raised because they were barley on

Last edited:
Solution
If you are over clocking the VRAM. You should set the GPU fans to 100%. . To reduce VRAM heat. As the memory can be roasting while the GPU is nice and cool. At least that’s the precaution I took when I mined.

Can’t help with your OC limit though. Unless the memory was simply getting too hot. I’m not aware of GPU clock affecting VRAM OC.
If you are over clocking the VRAM. You should set the GPU fans to 100%. . To reduce VRAM heat. As the memory can be roasting while the GPU is nice and cool. At least that’s the precaution I took when I mined.

Can’t help with your OC limit though. Unless the memory was simply getting too hot. I’m not aware of GPU clock affecting VRAM OC.

Solution
Feb 25, 2021
Thanks for the reply ! Yeah after you said that I realized memory temperature isn’t even in my wattman, just overall and junction, the miner reports close to 70c after just 30 mins into mining.... do you know if there’s an average like 75 or 80 where it’ll report Gpu dead ?

TRENDING THREADS