[SOLVED] Mini-ITX (MSI B40i G Plus) GPU + m.2 Bandwidth Question

ENJOIPANDABURGERS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hello Gamesters,
I am planning to convert to a mini-ITX build and want to go with the 'MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC' Motherboard. It has a single PCIE 16x slot as well as a single M.2 slot on the back.
I would like to make use of this NVMe capability but have heard that the two things share the same bandwidth thus making the GPU run at 8x.
Is this true? if so what effect does this have on the performance of both the GPU and the M.2 port?

Will be using a GTX 1060 and R5 2600x and a budget of about £100 for a 1TB SSD be it nvme or sata3.
What would you do?

thanks

Solution
R5 2600x will give you the top speeds
  • Supports x16 speed with 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors
  • Supports x8 speed with Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with adeon™ Graphics processors
  • Supports x4 speed with AMD® Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
1 x M.2 ports (M2_1, Key M)

• Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s 2280 storage devices (1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics)
  • Supports PCIe 3.0 x2 and SATA 6Gb/s 2280 storage devices (AMD® Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics)
R5 2600x will give you the top speeds
  • Supports x16 speed with 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors
  • Supports x8 speed with Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with adeon™ Graphics processors
  • Supports x4 speed with AMD® Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
1 x M.2 ports (M2_1, Key M)

• Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s 2280 storage devices (1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics)
  • Supports PCIe 3.0 x2 and SATA 6Gb/s 2280 storage devices (AMD® Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics)

Reactions: ENJOIPANDABURGERS
Solution