[SOLVED] mini laptop with backlit keyboard recommendations?

pinooooo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I am looking for the following:
A mini laptop with:
Multiple USB ports (for fiddling around with microcontrollers everywhere),
Fanless (for changing the world in absolute silence next to a sleeping baby. pentium, celeron or core-m would be fine).
A gloss screen (for easy toddler finger print cleaning.low resolution is fine)
and most important, a backlit keyboard!! (for use when working in low light places)

Long story:
I have been a big fan of mini laptops. I owned nearly all Asus EEE PC and a few MSI wind laptops (including the perfect Asus X205 ). After college i had most Vivobooks till moving to ultrabooks. I feelt like it was time for a minilaptop again in 2021 so i ordered an Asus L210 but i was very unsatisfied with it. So unsatisfied that i returned it and bought a second hand L200 for temporary use. The L210 display was just absolutely horrible compared to the L200, the L210 colors were flat and washed and it was difficult to clean finger prints. Second, the power button is on an ABSOLUTELY horrible place, everybody in my household kept pusing it accidentally.I also tried an old stock E202 / E203 which was much better then the L210 but still barely an upgrade compared to the L200. The L210 has backlit keyboard optional but the other series don't have backlit.

any recommendations?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what is your budget?

The thing with laptops these days is that when you go down to the bottom of the barrel sort of laptops(which is how you also end up going on a smaller footprint considering that they're putting in low TDP parts) calls for lackluster in materials by manufacturer's unless you're looking at Apple's MacBook Air's.

Reactions: pinooooo
Reactions: pinooooo
Solution

TRENDING THREADS