Mini tower and space

Oct 22, 2018
I'm wondering if a dual fan gpu like a rx 580 8gb MSI armour would fit in a dell optiplex mini tower. Physically fit I dont need to know the psu info.

Mt are not sff. Dell has used 4 sizes for optiplex for years. Usff, sff, dt, and mt are also all standard sizes in the industry. If you look up form factors, mini tower are 4 expansion slots, full height and can be micro atx or btx. The only concerns are length and width. Hdd cage will likely be the limit for length, and if it's btx the cooler will limit it to a single slot (width). Mobo is always irrelevant to if it fits in a case because height only has 2 sizes for gpus, half (aka low profile) and full. All 580 are full height as half is only for low tdp gpus.

I can't find the max length other than the dell stated 7.4" but that's just before the sata ports. Others who have larger cards had to use 90 degree cables. There was one person who upgraded to a 9.5" card and still had some room left so it may fit. That card is 10.6." If you have the pc, you could measure it but length is the only concern. Otherwise you have to mod the case and cut out the hdd cage.

Oct 22, 2018

The amazon measurements seem really weird. My 1050 is apparently over 25 cm but I measured it and it's only like 15 cm

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

You're probably measuring height instead of length

Oct 22, 2018

No I'm measuring length. 15cm height would be ridiculous