[SOLVED] Minimum VA ups for build

Apr 17, 2019
My build is going to be i5 9400f , Asus strix Rog Vega 56 , 2×8 ddr4 ram 3000 mhz , 1 × 500 GB SATA SSD , 1× 1 TB HDD , 4 fans & 144hz 1080p 24" monitor . What ups do I need for this build . I do have backup but it takes 5-6 mins to kick in so I just need the ups to keep the pc on for those 5-6 mins.

Solution
Bare minimum? Well, Vega 56 is 210W GPU, add the rest of the system to it at about 200W and it's about 410W for PC. Add monitor to it as well (you need to look from it's specs how much wattage it consumes) and add that to PC's value. Without knowing monitor make & model (or part number), my guess would be 700VA/500W UPS as bare minimum.

Though, for comfortable runtime, i'd take PSU's max wattage as PC's value and then add monitor to it. With this, 5-6 mins of runtime would be guranteed, provided that you don't go for cheapo UPS.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Bare minimum? Well, Vega 56 is 210W GPU, add the rest of the system to it at about 200W and it's about 410W for PC. Add monitor to it as well (you need to look from it's specs how much wattage it consumes) and add that to PC's value. Without knowing monitor make & model (or part number), my guess would be 700VA/500W UPS as bare minimum.

Though, for comfortable runtime, i'd take PSU's max wattage as PC's value and then add monitor to it. With this, 5-6 mins of runtime would be guranteed, provided that you don't go for cheapo UPS.

Solution