Question mining psu

johnnydots

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
hi guys,
so i saw a lot of people using the corsair RM1000x for cryptocurrency mining. i was wondering why did they choose it but not the others. what kind of advantages does it have over other PSUs for mining specifically? (besides the gold certificate and high wattage)

Last edited:
They are high quality and enough to run multiple GPUs. Plus I think it had a nice price. There was a time when there were no good choices for PSU to mine cryptocurrency because everything was all sold out. Corsair was probably one of the few who was able to have some on hand during that time.

*Edit: It wasn't that it was some special PSU. It was probably just available. I know I chose the HX1200i to run 7 GPUs because 1000W simply wasn't enough. I have another SeaSonic PRIME 1200W as well. I guess you could say I chose "the other."

Last edited:

johnnydots

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
They are high quality and enough to run multiple GPUs. Plus I think it had a nice price. There was a time when there were no good choices for PSU to mine cryptocurrency because everything was all sold out. Corsair was probably one of the few who was able to have some on hand during that time.

*Edit: It wasn't that it was some special PSU. It was probably just available. I know I chose the HX1200i to run 7 GPUs because 1000W simply wasn't enough. I have another SeaSonic PRIME 1200W as well. I guess you could say I chose "the other."
oh. wasnt what i expected at first. i thought it would have some kind of special function for mining, but didnt turn out to be so. thanks for the answer anyway. learnt something today