News Minisforum Details Ryzen 5-Powered Mini PC, Future Ryzen 4000 Model

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm definitely fascinated by the fact that a number of Ryzen-based mini PCs are coming out, and this one's no exception. The tool-less case is definitely a bonus.

Of course, being new, they probably have to start with a medium/medium-high spec machine (relative to the size and power constraints). Because of my obsession with putting together my Micro Machine (see sig) a while back when the ASRock A300W came out, finding more of these, that may compete with even my ultra-cheap price of putting it together, is fascinating.

I hope that this takes off well enough that they can make, say, Ryzen 3 or even Athlon versions at lower price points. I know, I keep looking at these and thinking "Could this have been my Micro Machine if the A300W wasn't the only option I had available at the time?"

I do think the single-8GB stick is an odd choice... though maybe it's about giving the option to upgrade easily to 16GB later by adding an (identical) 8GB stick?

Reactions: TCA_ChinChin
Jul 3, 2020
There are at least two addresses related to Minisforum one "19H Maxgrand Plaza, No.3 Tai Yau Street, San Po Kong, Kowloon Hong Kong"...

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020
....and another more mysterious listed on their FB in Guangdong, China.
The situation in Hong Kong is changing dynamically... It is worth to consider other products, maybe from Taiwan.

ron baker

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Sorry to ... on your chips, but what thee mini-pCs lack is NOT CPU power , but GPU power. They could get away with the 4c/8t CPU if they doubled or trebled the GPU power . But that is V difficult in these low TDP/watts boxes. Getting there tho.