[SOLVED] Minor Delay in Gaming

Oct 24, 2020
Hi,
Does anyone know why when I play video games on my Laptop there is 0 delay when I move the mouse and press the keyboard,
however on my desktop there is a very minor delay that effects my gameplay? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Solution
All I remember is that the desktop uses a GTX 970 GPU and 16GB ram. But yes my laptop uses a GTX 1060 GDDR5. The laptop also uses a Intel Core i7-8750h CPU 2.20GHz. The laptop also uses 16GB ram of 2667 speed. Both use Windows 10. If it helps, my laptop is a Asus ROG GU501GM. The pc is custom built
I am buying a new PC soon anyway, I just don't want the same problem.

By 0 delay i mean if i move my aim in a shooting game, theres a slight delay in the movement of the reticular.
Well, like I said before it is probably because the laptop is a very powerful one in comparison to the needs of that particular game.

Also graphics settings of the gpus' drivers, the quality settings, the mouse DPI and the hardware, VSync can also...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hi,
Does anyone know why when I play video games on my Laptop there is 0 delay when I move the mouse and press the keyboard,
however on my desktop there is a very minor delay that effects my gameplay? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Quite likely your laptop is much more advanced and powerful for the game.

But it is not possible to give any comments on that one unless we know the specs of both systems and the operating systems and what is it that you mean by 0 delay.

Oct 24, 2020
All I remember is that the desktop uses a GTX 970 GPU and 16GB ram. But yes my laptop uses a GTX 1060 GDDR5. The laptop also uses a Intel Core i7-8750h CPU 2.20GHz. The laptop also uses 16GB ram of 2667 speed. Both use Windows 10. If it helps, my laptop is a Asus ROG GU501GM. The pc is custom built

By 0 delay i mean if i move my aim in a shooting game, theres a slight delay in the movement of the reticular.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012

Well, like I said before it is probably because the laptop is a very powerful one in comparison to the needs of that particular game.

Also graphics settings of the gpus' drivers, the quality settings, the mouse DPI and the hardware, VSync can also affect the delay.

But it is nice t have a laptop with0 delay. Cheers ;)

Solution