Miracast wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfire665

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Hello everyone. Hope all are doing well.

So I have a problem. I am trying to connect my W10 to my LG Smart TV while using miracast. I am unable. I can detect my LG Smart TV via devices and add it. But when I go to notification and click on CONNECT, i get the following message.

"Your PC or Mobile device does not support miracast, so it can project wirelessly"

Below are my specs. Also I have pasted some info from DXDiag

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.161024-1825)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: All Series
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/11/15 12:24:48 Ver: 28.01
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16324MB RAM
Page File: 5795MB used, 12960MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

I am currently connected my Desktop to the internet via Ethernet. My LG smart via WIFI, but at one point it was connected via Ethernet (powerline) and miracast worked then with my phone.

What can i do to make it work?

Thanks again.

Solution
What is your WiFi card currently installed?
Your Intel GPU is Intel® HD Graphics 4600 but it maybe disabled in BIOS and I am not sure whether you can use both together.
Also found this thread https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/926377/miracast-not-supported-by-graphics-driver-gtx-970-/ which sounds like maybe NVidia removed Miracast from the driver.

"no wireless connection within my desktop" makes it sound like you don't currently have a Wireless Card in computer??? If that is the case than you will need to get one and make sure it is listed as supporting WiDi.

u2desire420

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Open a command prompt and enter "netsh wlan show driver" if everything on the bottom line says Yes than it should work. It should show Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes) If so go to Settings / Devices / Conntected Devices and click on Add Device and see if your Miracast device in this case LG Smart TV shows up in the list.

dragonfire665

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008

As stated above, I have already gone to my Devices and and LG Smart TV shows, I can even add it. It just when it click Connect under Notifcations it wont allow me.

Now I also ran that command and this is what i received:

"The Wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running."

u2desire420

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Run Services.msc and see if WLAN Autoconfig is running and set to Automatic. If that doesn't work than it could be the TV. Although is supposedly supports Miracast the problem is Miracast was poorly implemented and as a result not all so called Miracast devices are necessarily compatible with each other. LG calls their Miracast Smart Share but anyways also do this On your Smart TV, select Smart Home ( ) > Settings > .
Select Miracast™/Intel® WiDi , and then set it to On . I would think that if it was Off your computer would not detect it at all but you never know.

u2desire420

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Are you using latest Windows 10 Graphics drivers? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=80807 is the latest version. Rerun "netsh wlan show driver" now WLan Autoconfig is enabled if it wasn't before. If you still get "The Wireless AutoConfig Service (wlansvc) is not running." than your problem is something else.
If works and it does not show Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes) than it is either Graphics drivers for Windows 10 no longer support WiDi but why Intel would remove support is beyond me or Wi-Fi Driver if it is the Wi-Fi driver than you will probably need to replace Wireless card. You could try updating the Driver but if it didn't support WiDi before than I highly doubt an updated driver will change that...
Wouldn't hurt to update you Win10 either to latest version.

dragonfire665

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Here are a few things.
1. I have a Nvidia GeForice 970, so I dont use intel for graphics.
2. How in the heck can I figure out my Intel graphic drivers, it wont show under device manager.
3. I ran "netsh wlan show driver" still the same respond as before after change WLAN to automatic
4. I am currently connect via Ethernet, no wireless connection within my desktop. I can buy a wireless card if I need to.
5. I kept running Windows Update, and it keeps telling me that I have the latest update. So I cant update it further.

So, thats where I am right now.

u2desire420

Commendable
May 17, 2016
What is your WiFi card currently installed?
Your Intel GPU is Intel® HD Graphics 4600 but it maybe disabled in BIOS and I am not sure whether you can use both together.
Also found this thread https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/926377/miracast-not-supported-by-graphics-driver-gtx-970-/ which sounds like maybe NVidia removed Miracast from the driver.

"no wireless connection within my desktop" makes it sound like you don't currently have a Wireless Card in computer??? If that is the case than you will need to get one and make sure it is listed as supporting WiDi.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.