Missing Ethernet,SM Bus,and USB controllers after clean install of WIN 7 (Asus K55N)

Huskyracing

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
I recently installed a 'full clean install" of Windows 7 Home Premium. My device manager says that I am missing the ethernet controller,sm bus installer and usb controller. Without internet access I bought a Netgear wifi adapter so I could at least start downloading as many updates I could. I was able to locate one of the missing controllers (which was the network controller) from the Asus site but I can't find downloads for the other 3 controller's drivers. Any ideas where they can be found or if they may be called something else. I used the device manager to try and locate them but it just tells me to look under manufactures site.I have no idea what "brands" were installed originally.
Thanx for your help

Solution
Are you sure you're looking here: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K55N/HelpDesk_Download/

There's only one Ethernet driver listed (Realtek).

You want the latest chipset driver (v8.941.4.6000)

You don't install via the device manager, they have their own installers.

Huskyracing

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
...there were 2 AMD Chipset updates listed..I tried installing the early version first- it was listed in my download but device manager couldn't locate. I deleted that download and tried the second,newer update- same thing. Ethernet controller is also eluding me....

Are you sure you're looking here: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K55N/HelpDesk_Download/

There's only one Ethernet driver listed (Realtek).

You want the latest chipset driver (v8.941.4.6000)

You don't install via the device manager, they have their own installers.

Solution

Huskyracing

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
...I tried downloading the old version first,didn't work...newer didn't at first,why I don't know(I did extract them both,and I did remove the older version before installing the new)... I went back to device manager after I shut down last night and the yellow exclamation was still next to the USB controllers but had it search for new drivers and it was there and it installed!!!! Now all i need to do is see if the LAN download from Realtek works....