Question Missing Lan Driver - Can't install Asus Setup.

Charliekat

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
Not 100 percent sure where to post this, I hope this is the correct place.

My power went out about 2 AM today, no warning. My guess is that there was a power surge right before, because our router quit working completely. Got a new router, set it up, got everyone connected via Ethernet cables except for me. My computer would not recognize that I had an ethernet cable plugged in. I am able to connect wirelessly just fine, but it's amazingly slow.

I got a new cable, thinking maybe my old one had just given up. Still it would not recognize the new cable either.

So I look in connections, I cannot find the option for a local connection, that lead me to my drivers.

I get into my drivers and find that the Land driver was grayed out. I looked at it and it says it wasn't functioning properly. I tried disabling and enabling, no luck, I tried updating it, it would not update as it said the driver was up to date. I finally uninstalled the driver and restarted my computer, in hopes that it would reinstall it. It did not.

I went to the Asus website and downloaded the driver. Unpacked the zip, tried to run the AsusSetup.exe. It will not run. It gets to the part where it asks me if I want to allow it to make changes to my device, I say yes, then nothing. I tried running it as administrator as well, still nothing. I looked in the file for a normal Setup.exe there isn't one.

I installed AI Suite 3, thinking perhaps if I ran that, it'd see the driver was missing an install it. That is also a negative.

Does someone know where I can get just the Setup.exe by chance? Or how to fix this? It's driving me crazy.

Not 100 percent sure where to post this, I hope this is the correct place.

My power went out about 2 AM today, no warning. My guess is that there was a power surge right before, because our router quit working completely. Got a new router, set it up, got everyone connected via Ethernet cables except for me. My computer would not recognize that I had an ethernet cable plugged in. I am able to connect wirelessly just fine, but it's amazingly slow.

I got a new cable, thinking maybe my old one had just given up. Still it would not recognize the new cable either.

So I look in connections, I cannot find the option for a local connection, that lead me to my drivers.

I get into my drivers and find that the Land driver was grayed out. I looked at it and it says it wasn't functioning properly. I tried disabling and enabling, no luck, I tried updating it, it would not update as it said the driver was up to date. I finally uninstalled the driver and restarted my computer, in hopes that it would reinstall it. It did not.

I went to the Asus website and downloaded the driver. Unpacked the zip, tried to run the AsusSetup.exe. It will not run. It gets to the part where it asks me if I want to allow it to make changes to my device, I say yes, then nothing. I tried running it as administrator as well, still nothing. I looked in the file for a normal Setup.exe there isn't one.

I installed AI Suite 3, thinking perhaps if I ran that, it'd see the driver was missing an install it. That is also a negative.

Does someone know where I can get just the Setup.exe by chance? Or how to fix this? It's driving me crazy.
Knowing what Motherboard you have would help

Charliekat

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
Are you sire that's the right mobo? Sadly it's not normally wrong unless the enthernet port is shot

I think the port is shot. It worked before the power went down, but I'm wondering if there was some sort of surge. Best I can figure as the electricians had a hard time getting power restored. It still refuses to acknowledge I have an ethernet cord plugged in, won't show local connection as an option. Will only work on wireless. So I'm gonna call it quits for tonight, see what to do tomorrow.