Question Missing options for Max Processor Speed in Power Option + Heat problems

Sep 22, 2019
I am very new to owning a gaming laptop and the actual technicalities of owning one in general. I own an HP Omen laptop, i7-8750H with 1060 GTX, and bought it since last year, and lately I've started to notice that my laptop seems to be overheating. When I'm running resource-intensive games, the temperature goes up to 97 C (207 F). I have read that the maximum temperature for this particular Intel core is 100 C, but the general consensus is that above 90 C is bad.
I'm scouring around the internet to find ways to fix this problem, and one of the way is to prevent the system from overclocking. However, when I go to the advanced setting, the only option available was System Cooling Policy. I've followed instruction on using cmd on administrator to re-add the option, as well as through adding registry, but it doesn't seem to work even after rebooting the laptop. I wonder if anyone has the same problem. Also, I don't know if this is due to overwriting from the OMEN Control Center or if it's a more common problem.
Aside from that, I'm learning how to undervolt the laptop. I am unsure about the BIOS and whether or not if I should upgrade it as I read mixed opinion about that option. If there are any more suggestions on how I can solve the overheating problem, it would be appreciated.
Also, I've recently noticed that after gaming for a long time, sometimes my laptop slows and becomes a little stuttery for awhile after gaming. I'm wondering if this is from the recent overheat problem or is it a malware/virus thing that I should be concerned about.

Thank you beforehand.

Additional information:
  • I bought this machine in the U.S, but is currently travelling. The place where I am is more humid and hotter (28 - 29C ambient), and the voltage is 220V. I never noticed the heat problem before and I wonder if this would have any significant impact.
  • I do not notice any throttling and my laptop has never shut down on its own before, but I ma very concerned.