Missing Sticky Note folder & file

Status
Not open for further replies.

awb555

Honorable
Dec 14, 2014
This location C:\Users \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes is nowhere to be found.
I’m trying to restore Sticky Notes I have backed up on an external hard drive. I created a note to make the folder appear and it did not. I also tried creating a folder and putting the backup file into it and restarting the computer, but still nothing.
This is on a Windows 10 64bit. The same computer I backed up the Sticky Notes from.

Solution
command prompt: did you put the spaces in between the words and brackets as it appears you didn't copy/paste the commands in - the dism spacing has to be exact, its why i said copy paste above.I don't think it will find any problems anyway given sfc didn't.

I suspect a windows update at some stage will fix this problem, it was introduced by one so its likely to be only solution. you could try asking on http://www.tenforums.com/ as someone there might have a better answer, expect you may have to edit registry or something tricky to get it to remake the folder so you can copy into it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
There is currently a bug with win 10 where you cannot install apps to other devices, even though you could before the Anniversary edition. what you are experiencing could be a side effect since you trying to replace a file in that folder

awb555

Honorable
Dec 14, 2014

I'm not trying to download any apps.
The folder was there before the reformat. (about a week ago)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try this
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its run, copy/paste this into same window
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC fixes system files, DISM fixes the files SFC uses to fix system files, so if SFC foiund errors it couldn't fix first time, try it again and restart PC.

Were you on 1607 before the install? All of the advice in place to copy it back no longer works since Microsoft made Sticky Notes a Universal App.

All the fixes assume you have the folder, which doesn't help. I assume you left your username out of the address on purpose (its C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes)

awb555

Honorable
Dec 14, 2014

I don't know what I was on before the install.
I didn't leave out the user name for any specific reason, other than I didn't see it necessary in fixing this issue.
But It's (C:\Users\Linda\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes)

Here are the results from the Command prompt, did I do It right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
command prompt: did you put the spaces in between the words and brackets as it appears you didn't copy/paste the commands in - the dism spacing has to be exact, its why i said copy paste above.I don't think it will find any problems anyway given sfc didn't.

I suspect a windows update at some stage will fix this problem, it was introduced by one so its likely to be only solution. you could try asking on http://www.tenforums.com/ as someone there might have a better answer, expect you may have to edit registry or something tricky to get it to remake the folder so you can copy into it.

Solution

awb555

Honorable
Dec 14, 2014
My mom has moved on from this issue lol thank you soo much.
The problem is Microsoft made sticky notes into a app that doesn't use the folder *appdata*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS