Missing USB 3.0 header, GND meaning, etc.

Zaney2522

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
I recently ordered an i4 4460 to go with the Asrock h97 anniversary board. I installed it into my Cooler master 932 case with no issues, until I started to find that some of the plugs from the front panel on the case weren't lining up correctly with the board. For example, I have no USB 3.0 header, even though the case said that it supported 3.0. this isn't a huge deal, I guess, since I don't really need it. My next question is this, the manual shows two pins where the power button cable is supposed to go, and circles one of them as "pwrbtn" and the other as ""gnd". I have a 2 pinned power button cable, and I'm wondering if it's supposed to cover that "gnd" pin or not. What does GND stand for?

My last question is what I'm supposed to do with this cable labeled "1394". It's a female cable with 9 holes, 4 in a row next to 5 in a row. There aren't any holes on my motherboard where it fits. I also have another cable labeled AC, 97, which is attached to my audio cable. It also has nowhere to be connected to.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Case: Coolermaster 932
Motherboard: Asrock h97 Anniversary Edition

EDIT: One more question. The motherboard manual says to attach the HDD LED cable with the positive on the right and the negative on the left. Unfortunately, my HDD LED cable doesn't have anything to indicate which side is positive and which side is negative. Any help?

Solution
Pwrbtn is the + side of the plug. Gnd stands for ground, which is the - side of the plug. your 1394 plug should plug into the board near your USB plugs on the board. AC'97 should be the one plugged into the sound, instead of the other one, as your case does not have a built-in HD Audio connection.

jayambroziak

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Pwrbtn is the + side of the plug. Gnd stands for ground, which is the - side of the plug. your 1394 plug should plug into the board near your USB plugs on the board. AC'97 should be the one plugged into the sound, instead of the other one, as your case does not have a built-in HD Audio connection.

Solution

Zaney2522

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Alright. That answered all of my questions! I have to finish putting the graphics card and things in, but once I'm done I'll tell you if it all worked when I boot it up

Zaney2522

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

hey hey heyyyyyyy! it worked! 1080p gaming, here I come. Thanks for the help ;)

jayambroziak

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012

Awesome! I'm glad it worked for you!