Missing USERINIT.EXE

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

While trying to remove a virus, I found an infected file,
USERINIT.EXE, in the system32 folder that was infected.
Without enough caution, I simply renamed this file and now
cannot login. After some additional searching, I found out
that this exe is necessary and I can not login to rename
it back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am "dead in the
water".

Thanks
Dan

Dan

Perform a "Manual Repair" and select to "Verify Windows System Files", as
this MS Knowledge Base article explains:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238359

Best regards

Bjorn