Missing winamp files in Explorer

DGP2000

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Win2000Pro/NTFS

Ok , just lastnight I was going through my Music folders in Explorer & noticed that 2/3 of the songs in one folder are gone! I had over 800 songs all encoded at 256kbps so the folder was fairly large. Now I only have a little over 200 !

Here's the wierd part ..... The songs that are missing in that folder , still play in Winamp ! (I have all songs listed in Winamp)
I've already clicked on many of the missing songs in Winamp & viewed the file info, ext , etc ....... The extension says it's coming from the folder but I cannot see them !

I've also done a Windows search for the missing songs but it cannot locate them. I know I did not delete them or they would not play in Winamp. I also know I did'nt change any settings.

Help would be greatly appreciated .

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
Hidden files maybe? Go to Folder options > View > Advance settings > Hidden files and folders > Check Show hidden files and folders

Reset attributes use cmd ATTRIB -H c:\"mp3 folder etc." or just use the explorer window reset them that way.

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>