Missing Wireless Network Wizard

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I just re-installed Windows xp and when I go into Network connections the
wireless wizard is not even listed. Seems to not even recognize that there
is a wireless adapter installed.

Malke

Chris wrote:

> I just re-installed Windows xp and when I go into Network connections
> the
> wireless wizard is not even listed. Seems to not even recognize that
> there is a wireless adapter installed.

What hardware are you using? Did you install the drivers for it?

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Greetings Chris,

Do you have Service Pack 2 for Windows XP installed? The Wireless Network
Setup Wizard is new in SP2 so you'll need to make sure you have that on your
computer.

______________
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>I just re-installed Windows xp and when I go into Network connections the
> wireless wizard is not even listed. Seems to not even recognize that
> there
> is a wireless adapter installed.

mikej101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005

Has anyone got any idea how I can get the XP wireless wizard back as my
Belkin PCMCIA software has replaced it with the Belkin version which is
useless.

"Eric Cross [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Chris,
>
> Do you have Service Pack 2 for Windows XP installed? The Wireless Network
> Setup Wizard is new in SP2 so you'll need to make sure you have that on your
> computer.

> Eric Cross
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just re-installed Windows xp and when I go into Network connections the
> > wireless wizard is not even listed. Seems to not even recognize that
> > there
> > is a wireless adapter installed.

use the restore option in XP to before you installed the belkin software.