tommytgc

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
My specs:
Cpu: i5-6600k
Mobo: asus prime b250m-plus
Gpu: asus rtx 2070 super
2x8gb gskill aegis ram 3000mhz

What is the best configs and do you have any tips when it comes to mixing ram sizes?
I want to mix 2x8gb gskill with 2x4gb crucial. So what should be my config? both g skill in A slot and both crucial in B slots or 1gskill and 1crucial in A slot and same in B slots? Also will I get the best out of it if I get the following config? A1: gskill A2:crucial B1:gskill B2:crucial
Thanks for any advice!

Solution
Well I want to try it since these crucial sticks are just lying in a box full of pc parts, also Gskill rams are running at 2133mhz and cl 15 while crucial are stock cl 15 and 2133mhz
Then try it. You want 1x8gb and 1x4gb in each channel so you can have 12gb per channel and hopefully keep the RAM running in dual channel mode. However there are no guarantees it will work, it could be anything from the system won’t boot to it runs perfectly and anything in between.

tommytgc

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
No one can 100% guarantee u that they will work without any conflicts.
But most likely it'll be ok.
You'd better see their latency timings, and initially set them to the higher values of the sticks in bios, before mixing.
No one can 100% guarantee u that they will work without any conflicts.
But most likely it'll be ok.
You'd better see their latency timings, and initially set them to the higher values of the sticks in bios, before mixing.
Well I want to try it since these crucial sticks are just lying in a box full of pc parts, also Gskill rams are running at 2133mhz and cl 15 while crucial are stock cl 15 and 2133mhz

Then try it. You want 1x8gb and 1x4gb in each channel so you can have 12gb per channel and hopefully keep the RAM running in dual channel mode. However there are no guarantees it will work, it could be anything from the system won’t boot to it runs perfectly and anything in between.

Solution

tommytgc

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
Thank you this is the answer Ive been searching for thank you!

TRENDING THREADS