Mixing Powerline Adapter Brands

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,

I have a Talk Talk 300mb powerline adapter. It came as a pair and one day there was a power surge and broke the one which was connected to the router, funny enough the router died as well. So I was left with a single powerline adapter. My question is that can I buy a single powerline adapter that isn't talk talk branded because I cant find a single adapter of talk talk.

To note it does have a pair button at the button of the adapter and I'm using the "default" sky router

Thank You in Advanced

Solution
The Talk-Talk adapters will just be rebranded adapters from X manufacturer. Probably TPLink, D-link or Netgear, I would imagine.

If you can find the comparable models, those should work just fine. Failing that, mixing/matching specs/brands etc can be problematic - and a bit of a crapshoot.

For powerline though, most packs come with a minimum of 2. Given you only had 2, you probably (?) only need 2. At which point, the 3rd is a bonus IF it works?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The Talk-Talk adapters will just be rebranded adapters from X manufacturer. Probably TPLink, D-link or Netgear, I would imagine.

If you can find the comparable models, those should work just fine. Failing that, mixing/matching specs/brands etc can be problematic - and a bit of a crapshoot.

For powerline though, most packs come with a minimum of 2. Given you only had 2, you probably (?) only need 2. At which point, the 3rd is a bonus IF it works?

Solution