Question Mixing subwoofers in my car

Dlesperance

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
I have one mtx thunder 750w sub that I just bought but I want to add a second and unfortunately I can't find another to match. Is it bad to add say another 600-750-1000 watt sub. My amp is more than I need for the first sub. Just want to know if there is damage that can come From doing that or if it is safe

If you are using them in separate enclosures, and each of the enclosures is designed for the specifications of the sub, then it should be ok. Not a perfect solution, but workable.

If you are wanting to use them both in the same enclosure, using chamber and port specifications intended for one sub or the other, with both, then it is going to likely sound craptastic and will likely result in clipping or other undesirable artifacts. Possibly even damage to the sub depending on how different they are in design and requirements.

If you can find another sub with similar power requirements that needs similar area and port specifications, then it would be better, but still probably wouldn't be totally flat in terms of equal response. Subs are matched up for a reason usually.