Thought Provoker

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2015
Hey y'all,

I have these two batches of files of the same show. One with english audio and another with spanish. I've extracted the audio from one of them and merged those along with subtitles into one video. My main problem is that the time stamp at the bottom of whatever video player is wrong. Each episode is 59 minutes long, but after I merge all the things I'm looking to do, the time stamp turns into 1 hour 57 minutes and some change. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Hey y'all,

I have these two batches of files of the same show. One with english audio and another with spanish. I've extracted the audio from one of them and merged those along with subtitles into one video. My main problem is that the time stamp at the bottom of whatever video player is wrong. Each episode is 59 minutes long, but after I merge all the things I'm looking to do, the time stamp turns into 1 hour 57 minutes and some change. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Normally it is not necessary to extract the audio from either file. Try this method: add both original files at the same time; when the files are both loaded they will be color coded so you can tell which is which. Then just select the picture (one of them if they're both supposed to be the same) and the audio track and subtitle track that you want in the new file. You should then be able to create your new file; this has always worked in the past for me.

If you're still having a problem download the MediaInfo app and tell us what it says about each file.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thought Provoker

Thought Provoker

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2015
Normally it is not necessary to extract the audio from either file. Try this method: add both original files at the same time; when the files are both loaded they will be color coded so you can tell which is which. Then just select the picture (one of them if they're both supposed to be the same) and the audio track and subtitle track that you want in the new file. You should then be able to create your new file; this has always worked in the past for me.

If you're still having a problem download the MediaInfo app and tell us what it says about each file.
I really wish the answer wasn't so easy 🤦‍♂️ Thank you for your help

Reactions: dwd999
I really wish the answer wasn't so easy 🤦‍♂️ Thank you for your help
BTW you do have to be careful when merging components from different videos. The videos have to be exactly the same at the start. With some videos the source will add a little logo or intro a few seconds long at the beginning. So if the videos are not exactly the same you may have to clip a few seconds off from the beginning of the longer offender before the videos are loaded into MKVtoolnix. You can use any video clipper like LosslessCut for something like that. Just in case your video and audio don't sync.