[SOLVED] ML360R RGB controller to usb vs rgb header?

frogpuppy

Commendable
Sep 3, 2019
Hi,
I'm planning to get a H500M case and a ML360R cooler but I have some questions please.

The case has 2 rgb fans and I'll replace the rear fan by an MF140R fan so in total there will be 3 fans.

And the cooler have 3 rgb fans + the pump rgb so in total there are 4 rgb components.

My questions are:
- Will the controller that come with the ML360R be capable of controlling all that 7 components lighting?

- If I want to control the lighting through CoolerMaster software, should I connect the controller to the usb header or rgb port?
(my motherboard doesn't have argb header)

- What are the differences between connecting the controller to usb or rgb header?

Solution
Now if I used the controller (I kinda prefer it so I can add new components later if I want to) that comes with the cooler and I connect it to usb header, would I be able to control the rgb through the coolermaster
software?

What is the differences between conntecting the controller to usb vs rgb header?

And since you have the case I wanna ask, is it possible to remove the metal that support the gpu? I have a 327mm long gpu and I'm afraid it will intersect with the card.
1. Yes, but I am not using it so I have no idea how to control it with the software.

2. If you connect with the USB header you need software to control the RGB. If you connect with the ARGB header on a MOBO the motherboard software would control it.

3. The...
I have the same case and just put in that cooler, however, I have ARGB and RGB headers on my motherboard. I did not bother using the included controller that came with the cooler. The case also comes with an ARGB/RGB controller built-in. Either of these will allow you to do what you are asking for. The controller that comes with the cooler is more complicated but can be used to do more things. My case came with the 2 front intake fans and I connected them to the case ARGB controller and they worked fine and hade enough connecters for 2 more fans. You can use the splitter that comes with the cooler with the cases controller to control up to 8 fans rgb. There are many ways to use the H500m argb controller and its included cables with the coolers included cables to achieve what you want to do. Post back here if you have any issues when you are building the computer and I will help the best I can.

Reactions: frogpuppy

frogpuppy

Commendable
Sep 3, 2019
I have the same case and just put in that cooler, however, I have ARGB and RGB headers on my motherboard. I did not bother using the included controller that came with the cooler. The case also comes with an ARGB/RGB controller built-in. Either of these will allow you to do what you are asking for. The controller that comes with the cooler is more complicated but can be used to do more things. My case came with the 2 front intake fans and I connected them to the case ARGB controller and they worked fine and hade enough connecters for 2 more fans. You can use the splitter that comes with the cooler with the cases controller to control up to 8 fans rgb. There are many ways to use the H500m argb controller and its included cables with the coolers included cables to achieve what you want to do. Post back here if you have any issues when you are building the computer and I will help the best I can.

Thank you for your help man. I really appreciate it.
I still didn't made the order yet because I want to make sure that I %100 good and get everything in one order (the order usually delivered in ~10 days so I don't want to make 2 different orders)

Now if I used the controller (I kinda prefer it so I can add new components later if I want to) that comes with the cooler and I connect it to usb header, would I be able to control the rgb through the coolermaster software?
What is the differences between conntecting the controller to usb vs rgb header?

And since you have the case I wanna ask, is it possible to remove the metal that support the gpu? I have a 327mm long gpu and I'm afraid it will intersect with the card.

Now if I used the controller (I kinda prefer it so I can add new components later if I want to) that comes with the cooler and I connect it to usb header, would I be able to control the rgb through the coolermaster
software?

1. Yes, but I am not using it so I have no idea how to control it with the software.

2. If you connect with the USB header you need software to control the RGB. If you connect with the ARGB header on a MOBO the motherboard software would control it.

3. The retractable graphics card support arm, if thats what you are talking about, can be installed almost anywhere on the inside right of the case. This arm does not come installed, however, I recommend using it to prevent sagging on the graphics card in the long term. You will not have any issues with the length of an installed card. There is over 450mm of space for one.

Reactions: frogpuppy
Solution

frogpuppy

Commendable
Sep 3, 2019

What about the RGB header? if I connect the controller to it, can I control the rgb with aura(asus mb)?
It's nice to hear that I would be able to control it with software if I connect it to usb header. That what I think I'll do.

3. The retractable graphics card support arm, if thats what you are talking about, can be installed almost anywhere on the inside right of the case. This arm does not come installed, however, I recommend using it to prevent sagging on the graphics card in the long term. You will not have any issues with the length of an installed card. There is over 450mm of space for one.

Yes I means that. Good I think I won't install it then.
Yeah that what I liked about the case. It is good looking with great airflow and big enough to have anything.

Thank you helper800. You just answered every question I have.
Now, I guess it is the time to make the order (y)

Reactions: helper800