MMO FPS Planetside 2 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
[citation][nom]LonelyMan[/nom]If I get this game on steam, do I need to create a new account for that game or will I be able to play with my steam ID?[/citation]

No you still need to make a Sony Station ID and log in thru there. It will pop up a launcher. It's the same as Star Trek Online.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]LonelyMan[/nom]If I get this game on steam, do I need to create a new account for that game or will I be able to play with my steam ID?[/citation]

It just depends. Some games support using your steam account for everything while others require you set up an account with them.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i was in the beta.

unless they changed it allot, the user interface was VERY confusing, and there is some lage issues which can kill gameplay, but over all a VERY good game.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
no lag problems when played now, but they really dont do anything to help you at all in figureing out what to do.

still have next to no idea how to do anything.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
@JJ1217
"$14.99 a month? I would much rather a one time payment, especially if its a FPS."

What do you mean?
This price is only for Premium account bonus increased resource gain and increased XP gain.
Other than that, the game is free to play.

sardonicjester

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
but grants 25 to 50-percent increased resource gain, 25 to 50-percent increased XP gain

No thank you. I rather pay $60 and have an even playing field. The whole "pay money to get an unfair advantage in a game" crap is ridiculous.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]SardonicJester[/nom]No thank you. I rather pay $60 and have an even playing field. The whole "pay money to get an unfair advantage in a game" crap is ridiculous.[/citation]

Its not unfair. You are paying for it.

If you don't want to pay $15.00 a month you don't have too.

And it sounds like it only benefits leveling. So once you reach max level, what advantage is there to it?

I plan on paying it. I pay $10 dollars to go see a movie........ $14.95 (probably less with 3 month purchase) is not a big deal. $14.95 was real money back in 1999 when SOE was charging that. But today its more like seven 1999 dollars.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]SardonicJester[/nom]No thank you. I rather pay $60 and have an even playing field. The whole "pay money to get an unfair advantage in a game" crap is ridiculous.[/citation]
Same here. I'm done playing games that have uneven playing fields. I don't have the free time to spend grinding XP to unlock weapons, abilities, or character improvement items. I'd much rather pay a one-time fee and be done with it like games used to be. I miss the days when stats were optional. I'm not paying to unlock weapons, to get XP boosts, or to win. Developers have taken things too far.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
The original had an initial purchase as well as a subscription; many of these complaints are founded in ignorance. A few bullet points:

-The Premium account gets you 500 station cash/mo (5 dollars worth), and an increase in xp/resource gains. The biggest benefit is the increase to offline leveling

-Most of the purchased items are cosmetic/xp boost, and all of the guns that are obtainable with real money, can be purchased with a type of resource you earn by playing.

-You receive certifications (a la Eve) while offline, lessening the grind for weekend warriors

-There is no other source for multifaceted, massive Air/Armor/Infantry Sci-fi battles.

-To be clear, every item that can be obtained with money, can be earned in game, you are paying to save some grind time, which isnt necessary as the game is fun.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]theminer575[/nom]SOE....MMO....2 acronyms that need never be in the same sentence without some sort of condemnation.[/citation]

you forgot fps

--------------

and after playing it a bit longer, i don't feel at all that i'm being screwed over by people who buy their upgrades... sure i could pay for the best gun right now, or i could play it for a week or two and get it myself.

this is alike if battlefield let you pay 10$ and unlock some better guns and upgrades instead of grinding the crap out... i see no difference between the two... so far, not seeing anything thats unfair.

granted i dont like how vehicle combat rules them all in these games, where if you are good in a vehicle, the soldiers dont matter at all all that counts is the vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.