Mobile Haswell Celeron CPU's arriving Q4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]sherlockwing[/nom]What is the TDP on this thing going to be? <3 W ?[/citation]

"The smaller die size allows the new Celeron 1020M to run at 2.1GHz whilst maintaining the same 35W TDP."
Read much?

sherlockwing

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I never said anything about the Ivy Bridge Celeron, was talking about the Haswell Celeron :lol: with no TDP listed yet(hence I used "going to be"). Maybe you should read the title and get off Mt Pious and your High Horse? :non:

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]sherlockwing[/nom]I never said anything about the Ivy Bridge Celeron, was talking about the Haswell Celeron with no TDP listed yet(hence I used "going to be").[/citation]
Haswell will likely have roughly the same TDP. The biggest improvement it brings to mobile is 10X lower IDLE power.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]hydac7[/nom]When will this Celeron thing end[/citation]
Probably never because low-end CPUs are becoming powerful enough to handle most everyday computing tasks so people who need little more than browsing the net, watch stuff on Youtube/Netflix, etc. have little use for more than that.

When my mother went shopping for a light-use laptop, I made her buy one based on an AMD E-350 since even that is still overkill for everything I expect her to ever do with it. She's quite happy she didn't spend the extra $200 for the 'better' laptop she now knows she didn't need.

Different people and uses have different requirements. In some cases, those can be very low.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
The title of this article is about mobile Haswell Celeron which was only mentioned on the 2nd part of the last sentence. The bulk of the article was about the 1020M IvyB Celeron. WYSIWYG not.

G

Intel needs to get the stupid naming and weird-tier CPUs outta here. Celeron, Pentium, i3, i5, i7 come on.

Intel what are you doing? Intel stahp

Status
Not open for further replies.