Mobility HD5470 troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureX

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hello everyone,

This week I've purchased my new MSI CX620** featuring an HD5470 which should support DX11.* This is my first ATI card ever. (apart from a prehistoric one)

I have a few questions:
- How can I see my driver version? If I go to the information centre, on the graphic software tab; It only shows all kinds of long weird numbers.
The device manager reports driver version 8.682.1.0, is this the correct number and the latest version?

- How can I update my drivers? If I go to the ATI website and select my graphics card from my manufacturer, I am directed to the MSI support site, but they don't have ANY form of drivers online, not even the version I have istalled now.

- Why can't I execute DX11 applications? The DirectCompute benchmark only lets me select DX10.1, the Call of Pripyat benchmark does not let me select Tesselation, Dirt 2 does not let me select high post processing.

- Why can't I change the color settings like gamma, brightness and contrast? They are all greyed out..

*http://www.amd.com/UK/PRODUCTS/NOTEBOOK/GRAPHICS/ATI-MOBILITY-HD-5400/Pages/hd-5470-specs.aspx
** Netbook specs:
Core i3-330M
Ati Radeon HD5470
4GB DDR3

If you have any answer or thought, even if you cover only half a question, please post.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.