[SOLVED] MOBO and GPU getting power, but nothing elsd

Jan 21, 2021
Help!

I've just completed my first PC build but I can't get it to post. When I turn the PSU on, my motherboard shows some rgb and the gpu has an led, so I can see that power is flowing, but that's it. No fans turn on, no beeps, nothing. The power button on the case also won't work; I double checked the cable connections and tried shorting it, still nothing. Everything else seems to be plugged in fine. Here are my specs:

Asus TUF Gaming B450M - Pro S
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Nvidia GeForce 1660 Super
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any hardware compatibility issues, based on info directly from ASUS and from other customers.

I feel like it must have to do with simply the power switch, but I can't even manage to short it. Any ideas??? Getting desperate!

Solution
Fixed it! I tried shorting the power switch again and it worked, strangely. Then, I plugged everything back in and hit the power button, and that worked too! Weird. The cable must have just been slightly off.
Help!

I've just completed my first PC build but I can't get it to post. When I turn the PSU on, my motherboard shows some rgb and the gpu has an led, so I can see that power is flowing, but that's it. No fans turn on, no beeps, nothing. The power button on the case also won't work; I double checked the cable connections and tried shorting it, still nothing. Everything else seems to be plugged in fine. Here are my specs:

Asus TUF Gaming B450M - Pro S
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Nvidia GeForce 1660 Super
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any hardware compatibility issues, based on info directly from ASUS and from other customers.

I feel like it must have to do with simply the power switch, but I can't even manage to short it. Any ideas??? Getting desperate!
Might be incompatible BIOS version.

Jan 21, 2021
Fixed it! I tried shorting the power switch again and it worked, strangely. Then, I plugged everything back in and hit the power button, and that worked too! Weird. The cable must have just been slightly off.

Solution