Question MoBo connector questions

Apr 22, 2019
So i have a quick simple question but i can‘t find a solid answer. I am currently building a gaming pc with a z390 gaming pro carbon ac and it says that it has „5x 4-pin system fan connectors“
Can these control RGB (not individually addressable LEDs) ?
It also has 2 RGB connectors but I don’t know how many splitters i need for the 4 case fans plus cpu cooler

According to the manual page 40, the MB has one regular 4-pin RGB header( +12V/G/R/B), and one 3-pin RGB header ( individually addressable ). If you had the non-addressable RGB fans, you can only use the 4-pin RGB header. You can not use the 3-pin one, and you can use other 4-pin fan headers, but you can not have or controll the RGB LED light.

Keep in mind, that RGB header can support up to max 3A of the fans. So check your fans specification to see the fan can draw how much power, if they can draw less than 2.8Amp ( let some headroom for safety), then you can buy the RGB fan splitter cable, recommend to buy the well-known brand, also make the cable is compatible with your MB, like the female/male ends.

Reactions: Thebeeli
Apr 22, 2019
According to the manual page 40, the MB has one regular 4-pin RGB header( +12V/G/R/B), and one 3-pin RGB header ( individually addressable ). If you had the non-addressable RGB fans, you can only use the 4-pin RGB header. You can not use the 3-pin one, and you can use other 4-pin fan headers, but you can not have or controll the RGB LED light.

Keep in mind, that RGB header can support up to max 3A of the fans. So check your fans specification to see the fan can draw how much power, if they can draw less than 2.8Amp ( let some headroom for safety), then you can buy the RGB fan splitter cable, recommend to buy the well-known brand, also make the cable is compatible with your MB, like the female/male ends.
Thanks that clears up a lot. It looks like i will have to stick with some splitters:)

TRENDING THREADS