Question Mobo DMA Fail, CPU Core fails, PC Check reports inconsistent... please advise

May 16, 2021
OK, iv recently upgraded to a whole new pc based around a Ryzen 9 3900x, and a gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Micro ATX Motherboard, with 32g ram (2x16).

Using pc check 6.21 i found the motherboard had a dma error and the cpu failed on multiple tests (boot pc check not windows version). I returned them and they were replaced.

A week goes by, and once again the replacement motherboard failed on the DMA test, and the replacement CPU failed on 1 core test (core 9), and several MP symmetry tests (cores 4,6,7,12 & 22).

So i decide to re-run the tests as it crashed while using pc-check, and this time the error on core #9 changed to MP symmetry fail. I have never had pc check mess me about like this before.

So now im unsure if the DMA fault is true, if the core problems are legit, and is my pc-check very iffy for some reason, or is my new system having fun at my expense...

So, my question, could the dma error & the core fails be connected, or are they 2 separate issues ? and why would pc check be intermittent with results - is the core working or faulty in your opinion (based on your experience).
I dont want to return them a 2nd time unless i can be sure its not something iv not encountered before.

Please advise, regards and thanks, Paul

kanewolf

Titan
OK, iv recently upgraded to a whole new pc based around a Ryzen 9 3900x, and a gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Micro ATX Motherboard, with 32g ram (2x16).

Using pc check 6.21 i found the motherboard had a dma error and the cpu failed on multiple tests (boot pc check not windows version). I returned them and they were replaced.

A week goes by, and once again the replacement motherboard failed on the DMA test, and the replacement CPU failed on 1 core test (core 9), and several MP symmetry tests (cores 4,6,7,12 & 22).

So i decide to re-run the tests as it crashed while using pc-check, and this time the error on core #9 changed to MP symmetry fail. I have never had pc check mess me about like this before.

So now im unsure if the DMA fault is true, if the core problems are legit, and is my pc-check very iffy for some reason, or is my new system having fun at my expense...

So, my question, could the dma error & the core fails be connected, or are they 2 separate issues ? and why would pc check be intermittent with results - is the core working or faulty in your opinion (based on your experience).
I dont want to return them a 2nd time unless i can be sure its not something iv not encountered before.

Please advise, regards and thanks, Paul
I would take a hard look at your power supply. It is the basis for a stable build.

May 16, 2021
UPDATE : tried testing again this morning with a known worker PSU (from my main PC, been reliable for 2 years-ish), and it seems less laggy.
The confusing bit is its now different faults on the CPU (ie mainly different core # failing) than before. In your opinion s this a PC Check error, or CPU / Motherboard problem ?
I have put the new PSU into my old PC for now, and at 1st it was glitchy (reset my BIOS), then worked fine except my anti-virus is updating oddly (doing the update search forever, tho this could just be a AV issue today)...
Still looking for more hints & tips folks, thanks