Question Mobo flickering

Feb 1, 2024
I need help determining what is causing this issue. I have done all the troubleshooting that I could think of doing. I even got a new mobo since I thought that might be the issue. My mobo flickers, unallowing me to turn it on. There was a short amount of time before changing mobos that I could leave it all plugged in, unplug the pc and then back in and it would go static and work, but then stopped doing that. I haven’t tried since I got the new mobo since that isn’t really a fix and I am going to have to mess with everything again soon since I am going to add water cooling. Can’t seem to add a video at the moment, but it’s the start button and flex button that flicker. It was working for a short amount of time before I had another issue with the “out of video memory,” even though it was working fine and my hardware acceleration is off.

Components:
Intel 14900k
FE 4090
Asus z790 Apex Encore
Corsair AX1500i which I bought for my old build in 2016. The self test button seems to show it’s fine.
G.skill trident z5 48 GB 8000mhz
Corsair 150i elite cpu cooler
I think that’s the major parts besides fans and lian li strimmer cables
Lian li o11 dynamic xl case

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Corsair AX1500i which I bought for my old build in 2016. The self test button seems to show it’s fine.
Try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 1KW PSU and see if the issue persists.

A near decade old PSU will not be the same internally after being in service for this long.