Question Mobo for 3700x

DeathFlows

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
Looking for a decently price mobo for the 3700x, i currently have a rx 5700 xt and planning to upgrade my current cpu/mobo. Someone mind linking me one that i don't have to flash the bios since i heard u need a an amd cpu in order to do it but i only have a intel cpu atm.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
This is a good board that DOES require a BIOS update, but it has BIOS Flashback, so you don't need the CPU, just a USB:

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $114.89

If you want to go completely new chipset with no BIOS update at all:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard ($166.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $166.98

Also the B450 chipset or X470 chipset are good for the 3700X but require BIOS updates (asides MSI MAX series), however you can find sellers that sell them out of the box ready, so you could always consider this, I haven't listed them here because it varies on the seller.

DeathFlows

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
This is a good board that DOES require a BIOS update, but it has BIOS Flashback, so you don't need the CPU, just a USB:

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $114.89

If you want to go completely new chipset with no BIOS update at all:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard ($166.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $166.98

Also the B450 chipset or X470 chipset are good for the 3700X but require BIOS updates (asides MSI MAX series), however you can find sellers that sell them out of the box ready, so you could always consider this, I haven't listed them here because it varies on the seller.
are there any other x570 mobo you can recommend? i see a ton of bad reviews on that gigabyte one and im not trying to run into any issues. Trying to have this all setup before friday.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
are there any other x570 mobo you can recommend? i see a ton of bad reviews on that gigabyte one and im not trying to run into any issues. Trying to have this all setup before friday.
All I would say, is people only post when there is a problem. I know many running the Gaming X board with no issues.
But the next one I would personally recommend for value for money:

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Amazon)

Overall I believe the Gigabyte and ASUS TUF to be the best features for the price, they're a mid point but hold a lot of higher end features, which is why I would opt for them over the absolutely cheapest X570 boards, which if you did, could consider:

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($153.99 @ Amazon)

DeathFlows

Honorable
Feb 21, 2014
All I would say, is people only post when there is a problem. I know many running the Gaming X board with no issues.
But the next one I would personally recommend for value for money:

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Amazon)

Overall I believe the Gigabyte and ASUS TUF to be the best features for the price, they're a mid point but hold a lot of higher end features, which is why I would opt for them over the absolutely cheapest X570 boards, which if you did, could consider:

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($153.99 @ Amazon)
cool thanks! Got any opinion on the Auros elite?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The Aorus Elite is also very good, I just tend to feel the TUF or Gaming X offer better value for money.
But the Aorus is still good.

If you want the extra SATA ports and also require WiFi, then the Aorus is good, if not the TUF suffices really.