Question MOBO forced to run from the Intel IGD

Jan 18, 2024
Hi...
briefly, My Intel DH55TC MOBO uses (runs from) the Intel IGN GPU ( Intel i3 550 CPU), the dedicated GPU is in the board though. (the Monitor is plugged to the Dedicated GPU not the main board :p)
here some specs :
MOBO : Intel DH55TC (BIOS = TCIBX10H.86A.0048.2011.1206.1342 --the latest version--)
CPU : Intel core i3 550 (built in Intel GPU)
RAM : 8GB (4GBX2) Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G + Samsung M378B5273CH0-CK0/4GB (different bandwidth )
GPU : iNvidia G730 (GT730) DDR3/2GB (based on Fermi)
PSU : 650 W standard
notes :
*in BIOS configs "Avanced" == "Video Configs" there are 2 options : 1- IGD primary Video port (HDMI, VGA, DVI White, Auto); 2- Primary Video port (Auto, IGD, PCIe(PEG), PCI)
I've tried all possible options but no luck..and btw there's no option to --Disable-- the Intel IGD GPU
*AIDA64 Extreme (third party software) detects the dedicated GPU, and shows "PCI express Controller == PCI-E 2.0 x16 port #2 : x8" the same result in BIOS chipset config where it says "PEG negotiated width : x8" ( "not detected" when the GPU is unplugged)
..any solutions ...thanks in advance (excuse my poor language :) )

https://sites.google.com/view/d2024antey/home

Last edited:
There should be an option in every bios called initialize display first and it should have the igpu and any discreet card as options so you can choose which one to start from.

In any way, having the iGPU plugged into a display will cause the system to start from that. Have you tried unplugging the igpu and only having the dgpu plugged into the monitor?

Jan 18, 2024
There should be an option in every bios called initialize display first and it should have the igpu and any discreet card as options so you can choose which one to start from.

In any way, having the iGPU plugged into a display will cause the system to start from that. Have you tried unplugging the igpu and only having the dgpu plugged into the monitor?
ty for the quick replay...HAhahaha...It's the "integrated Intel Gpu" in other words it's "the CPU's GPU" and you can't plug-unplug it? (or are you making fun of me :pPP)

Jan 18, 2024
When using the dedicated gpu, there is no need to disable the igpu.
In fact, the igpu may offer extra compute capabilities such as Quick sync.
ty for the replay.. " the igpu may offer extra compute capabilities such as Quick sync" ...what do you mean by that? is it something that I can change in BIOS? ( cuz my MOBO does not support that config or whatever you call it)..(that did not answer my question tho)...

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024
..I know it does not worth your precious time...but if you can guide me with some info or solutions that will be great...I'm newbie to these stuff (steal learning) ..-(I've just learned this word "Bottleneck" yesterday XD ..never thought that the CPU and GPU should feet with each other LOL)..

ty for the quick replay...HAhahaha...It's the "integrated Intel Gpu" in other words it's "the CPU's GPU" and you can't plug-unplug it? (or are you making fun of me :pPP)
Unless it's a laptop you still have to connect a cable from the mobo to the display for you to see anything, that cable is something that you can unplug.

If the cable is connected from the mobo to the display (monitor/tv) then that is the igpu, the dGPU is plugged into the mobo so it would have some outputs horizontally to the mobo outputs, you should have the cable go from those gpu outputs to the display.

Jan 18, 2024
"that cable is something that you can unplug...":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::geek: PLEASE read my first post again AND again if necessary HAha..

Jan 18, 2024
Unless it's a laptop you still have to connect a cable from the mobo to the display for you to see anything, that cable is something that you can unplug.

If the cable is connected from the mobo to the display (monitor/tv) then that is the igpu, the dGPU is plugged into the mobo so it would have some outputs horizontally to the mobo outputs, you should have the cable go from those gpu outputs to the display.
...there's only one place to install the Dedicated (discrete, external gpu..) ON THE MOTHERBOARD (main board in the PCI-E X16 socket usually)!!...please tell me something new or blow my mind XD...the Monitor (it's Samsung FULL HD LF22T350FHRXEN @23 btw) is connected to the Nvidia GPU and not to the MOBO ...the problem is "there's no display!!" , the MOBO is running fine though (still hearing 2 peeps the first one when entering the BIOS where there is a LOGO and some MOBO info and the second one when exiting the BIOS to detect inserted media drivers ...somehow the MOBO is forced to run from the Intel GPU and not the Dedicated Nvidia GPU no matter the changes I make in the BIOS config ..the changes in the "IGD primary video port" only effects the Intel GPU and the settings in the "Primary video adapter/port" only effects the Dedicated GPU otherwise, there would have been only one option to switch between the two (think about it) ...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is the graphics card and pcie slot confirmed working? If so, how and with what?

Igpu won't 'refuse' a card from working. Over complicating things.

Try clean pcie contacts with isopropyl. Both pcie slot and graphics card.

TRENDING THREADS