Mobo not posting after ram frequency increased

Jul 1, 2018
Hi
I have an issue I cant resolve. Used Ryzen master utility to increase ram frequency. It was on 1033mhz, I move it up to 2000mhz. After restart motherboad not posting. I tried removing cmos batery for an hour, tried reseting bios with jumper. Changing ram chanels. Is it possible that is demaged something with only increasing ram speed?
Ryzen 5 1400
Asrock a320m dgs
8gb samsung memory, single stick
Amd rx 460 2gb

Solution
Well Ryzen will never work with 4000 Mhz ram (that is the frequency you set it), i m not surprised if you did not damaged even the Memory controller in the cpu. Step 1, try different ram, if that does not work try to RMA Motherboard and cpu.

Gaidax

Distinguished
That's some insane increase there. Don't jump frikkin 1k MHz at once, in reality you increased by 2k MHz there because everything is multiplied by 2. These things need to be done very slowly like 50MHz at a time.

If you did all you said and it does not boot then you have definitely damaged something. Try see if you can get some other RAM and test it.

Jul 1, 2018

Thanks for replying, so you guess is ram?

Gaidax

Distinguished

Well likely it is, just one more thing to make sure. Remove CMOS battery with disconnected power supply from the wall, just to make sure you reset BIOS for sure.

If still same - then it's either RAM or maybe even CPU.

Jul 1, 2018
Borrowed different ram stick, managed to boot the system, changed everything back to defaults and everything works! Seems this foolish tinkering went unpunished. Memtest showed no errors. One strange thing tho, I pulled out baterry and left it out for hours, several times, with and without jump reset and when it booted everything was the same as before black screen. It seems bios reset didnt happen at all. Thanks for the help.