Question Mobo powers on, and everything attached, but only after mobo jumpstart

Dec 23, 2020
So I had ran into some issues with my build, I had finished plugging everything in, making sure everything was set up, but when I hit the power button, nothing happened. So presumably I had though either my Mobo or PSU were messed up, but now after setting up my Mobo and jump starting it, my PSU comes to life as does every other component attached. So I was wondering if this is a faulty motherboard that only starts through jumping, like wise with the PSU, or is it a case problem?

So I had ran into some issues with my build, I had finished plugging everything in, making sure everything was set up, but when I hit the power button, nothing happened. So presumably I had though either my Mobo or PSU were messed up, but now after setting up my Mobo and jump starting it, my PSU comes to life as does every other component attached. So I was wondering if this is a faulty motherboard that only starts through jumping, like wise with the PSU, or is it a case problem?
Just how do you jump it ?

Dec 23, 2020
Just how do you jump it ?
I used the two pins that are meant for the power switch and connected them with a screw driver, however, I RMAd the mobo (it all powered on after jumping it and everything worked fine expect the CPU debug light was on and the socket was defective, part of the cpu was noticeably raised, and neither of my CPUs fit into the socket properly)

but now I have a whole different issue, in my old motherboard, my old CPU (with broken pins) starts up but the mobo beeps out codes and such, but with my new cpu (practically new, no bent pins and such) the pc turns on for a split second then back off :/

I used the two pins that are meant for the power switch and connected them with a screw driver, however, I RMAd the mobo (it all powered on after jumping it and everything worked fine expect the CPU debug light was on and the socket was defective, part of the cpu was noticeably raised, and neither of my CPUs fit into the socket properly)

but now I have a whole different issue, in my old motherboard, my old CPU (with broken pins) starts up but the mobo beeps out codes and such, but with my new cpu (practically new, no bent pins and such) the pc turns on for a split second then back off :/
"Two pins that are meant for the power switch" your power switch may not work or a wire brocken, it's just a momentary normally open switch like for a doorbell. Try connecting Reset switch instead, it's exactly same.
For second case, probably wrong pin is broken, there are just very few pins that could be considered as "extra".

Dec 23, 2020
"Two pins that are meant for the power switch" your power switch may not work or a wire brocken, it's just a momentary normally open switch like for a doorbell. Try connecting Reset switch instead, it's exactly same.
For second case, probably wrong pin is broken, there are just very few pins that could be considered as "extra".
Yeah I’ve read that somewhere that there are some of the pins on a CPU that are just extra, but I just find it odd how my CPU with ALL pins no bends doesn’t seem to work. And I also RMAd the case because it came dented and didn’t let the glass panel slide in so it hoping with a new case and mobo I can solve the issue, was considering opening a RMA for my newer CPU seeing as there’s nothing visibly wrong with it and I’ve had it for a max of 3 Weeks

Yeah I’ve read that somewhere that there are some of the pins on a CPU that are just extra, but I just find it odd how my CPU with ALL pins no bends doesn’t seem to work. And I also RMAd the case because it came dented and didn’t let the glass panel slide in so it hoping with a new case and mobo I can solve the issue, was considering opening a RMA for my newer CPU seeing as there’s nothing visibly wrong with it and I’ve had it for a max of 3 Weeks

Yeah damaged case could also have damaged buttons.
Not counting DOA parts, there are other was to ruin CPU (bad MB can do it) but if not visibly damaged they should honor warranty.
I surmise it's AMD system, what are your parts ? May need BIOS update or something.

Dec 23, 2020
Yeah damaged case could also have damaged buttons.
Not counting DOA parts, there are other was to ruin CPU (bad MB can do it) but if not visibly damaged they should honor warranty.
I surmise it's AMD system, what are your parts ? May need BIOS update or something.
Well I HAD a MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk, I RMAd it, but when I flashed the bios with the port it went through all the necessary steps, turn off, then turned itself back on and the CPU light was still on, so at the moment I’m trying to find a new motherboard to order, but my main components were

MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700X (older/broken pins)
Ryzen 7 3800XT (newer)
850w Gold Super Flower Modular PSU
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060
HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-3200

Well I HAD a MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk, I RMAd it, but when I flashed the bios with the port it went through all the necessary steps, turn off, then turned itself back on and the CPU light was still on, so at the moment I’m trying to find a new motherboard to order, but my main components were

MSI MAG x570 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700X (older/broken pins)
Ryzen 7 3800XT (newer)
850w Gold Super Flower Modular PSU
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060
HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-3200
MB should have worked properly for sure from word go. Don't know how pin(s) broke but maybe one or more was stuck in the socket ?

Dec 23, 2020
MB should have worked properly for sure from word go. Don't know how pin(s) broke but maybe one or more was stuck in the socket ?
I used both the new and old CPUs with the MSI board and nothing would budge (also the socket was defective/messed up so idk if that’d affect the boards connection with the cpu?) but the first CPU had bent pins due to it coming stuck to my CPU cooler and it came off entirely, I tried to fix some of the pins but they broke off, so with the new processor, I expected the board to work flawlessly because with my previous setup it worked just fine, so I honestly don’t understand why all of a sudden it ceased to work, even with all pins perfectly fine.