[SOLVED] Mobo tray standoff is preventing board from fitting in my case

farlsbarkley

Honorable
Aug 12, 2014
So the center standoff in my Corsair 230T motherboard tray is a peg instead of a screwhole, and fits fine in my old mobo (B350 Tomahawk). But the new mobo I bought (Asus Rog B450F) doesn't align when sitting on top of this peg, I cannot see most of the screwholes once this peg is in place. But it's only one standoff, should I just cut it off so I can use the other 7 mounting points? The holes will definitely line up if I get that peg out of the way. Or should I just get a different board that fits bettter?

I only bought the new board because my B350 stopped playing nice with my newer Ryzen 3600 when I mistakenly updated the bios without realizing there is only one bios version for the board that supports 3000 series cpus. Ive had to put my old Ryzen 1600 back on the board, then installed the correct bios that does support 3000 series cpus, but then I couldn't get a POST with cpu and dram debugLED's lit up. Seems it just doesn't want to comply with the new hardware. So I drove 1.5 hours to get a new board that doesn't even fit in my case because of a stupid rod that should be removable.

What should I do y'all?

Solution
If their no hole in the motherboard their I would cut it off and never think about it again. Make sure you cut it low enough so it can't touch the back of the motherboard.

This is the 3rd time I have heard of that case with that problem.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If their no hole in the motherboard their I would cut it off and never think about it again. Make sure you cut it low enough so it can't touch the back of the motherboard.

This is the 3rd time I have heard of that case with that problem.

Last edited:
Solution

farlsbarkley

Honorable
Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for the reply m8!
I gave it another shot and made it fit once I had a helping hand to hold it in place while I put the screws in. Had to force it into place a little more than I would've liked but it's fine.