[SOLVED] Mobo VGA and GPU hmi at the same time?

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
Hello, i have a curious question...

I was watching a video, and a guy said something about avoid connecting a monitor in a mobo and gpu cuz it might by-pass the graphic card, although that didnt answer my next question:

if i connect my monitor to my Mobo VGA connector and the Hmdi to the Gpu at the same time, but i make sure that im using the hmi option from my monitor, will that cause any kind of "performance reduction" in my Gpu? or anything at all?

Solution
if i connect my monitor to my Mobo VGA connector and the Hmdi to the Gpu at the same time, but i make sure that im using the hmi option from my monitor, will that cause any kind of "performance reduction" in my Gpu? or anything at all?
2 cables to same monitor? What's the point?
Yes, you can do that. No it doesn't cause performance reduction.

What happens here, VGA output from motherboard will be non-functional, because having discrete graphics card usually disables integrated gpu. You'd have to manually change options in BIOS, to enable video output from motherboard.

BTW - you haven't listed hardware specs of your pc. It's possible, your cpu doesn't have integrated graphics at all.

What happens here, VGA output from motherboard will be non-functional, because having discrete graphics card usually disables integrated gpu. You'd have to manually change options in BIOS, to enable video output from motherboard.

BTW - you haven't listed hardware specs of your pc. It's possible, your cpu doesn't have integrated graphics at all.

Solution

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015

thank you! your answer cleared my curiosity, or that was more like a doubt i guess

btw, i have an i5 7500